Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Journal Display/Print

Last post 09-30-2008, 7:55 PM by Records For Living Support. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-27-2008, 11:57 PM 1121

Journal Display/Print

What are my options to look at my journal? I saw the summary but it doesn't show the whole entry. Is there a way to display all the entries together? I wanted to search back through my entries without having to open each one after another.
  •  05-28-2008, 10:33 PM 1127 in reply to 1121

Re: Journal Display/Print

Attachment: JournalSummaries.PNG
    Brian,

Go to the Journal Summary report and select the customization option to show Journal Entry Details (see image below).  This will create a single report with all entries displayed together.

If you have multiple journals and you only want to display a subset of them, don't forget to that you can also select which journal(s) you want to display from the customization menu (Journals sub menu).

Thanks,
    Support Team
  •  05-28-2008, 10:46 PM 1128 in reply to 1127

Thank you very much. I need to look for the customization more.

It shows the summary and the details so duplicates the first line but at least it is there.

•  05-28-2008, 10:59 PM 1130 in reply to 1128

The first line duplication is because we don't have 'labels' for journal detail entries...  I think you ran into a similar problem when you tried linking (related information) to journal entries and the only visible 'label' was the journal entry date...

This is an interesting improvement to consider for future releases, and we can certainly consider avoiding the duplication for the report when the summaries are shown.

Thanks!
    Support Team
  •  06-07-2008, 10:34 AM 1147 in reply to 1130

Yes, Yes, Yes, please do exactly that!!!  I have entered several entries into one journal, one right after another. When I go to add a particular journal entry as addtional information to a visit, I have no idea which one I need to add without alot of effort. It would be really great if there was a way to identify which journal entry I am selecting, i.e., more than date and time.

Many thanks!

•  09-26-2008, 9:07 PM 1208 in reply to 1130

Journal Summaries

My Journals may include more than just Journal Entries. There could be linked Related information, such as Visits or File Attachments, and even some "notes" in the Journal Summary. These do not get printed in the Journal Summary. Could this be added to a future release if there's not the capability now? As always, make it as customizable as possible. Also, I'd prefer check boxes to select checks one by one (or deselect) since it's time-consuming. Thanks! :)

•  09-30-2008, 7:55 PM 1210 in reply to 1208

Re: Journal Summaries

Hi, Drix.

Good to hear from you! Big Smile [:D]

You have a really interesting idea, with some tricky details...

Right now, the Journal Summary report offers the ability to select specific journals, within certain date ranges, and to decide whether journal entry details should be included in the report - as shown earlier in this thread.

Basically, with the option you suggest, HealthFrame would look at the "Related Information" links in the Journal and print that information as part of the same report.  Some questions and comments:
    • Would you provide the same ability to print "Related Information" links in the journal entries themselves?
    • Some information can be printed 'inline', i.e. as part of the report.  Examples of this includes HealthFrame data such as visits, expenses, medications, etc.  Other information will need to be sent to the 'native' program for printing and might be sent to the printer as a separate print job.  Does that make sense?  This might be the case for word processing documents, spreadsheets, etc.
    • The customization for something like this could be difficult, if we make it too detailed.  Would it be sufficient to keep it simple, e.g. "all or nothing" printing of related information for Journal and/or Journal Entries?
    • What did you mean by "notes" in the Journal Summary?  Did you mean the summary field?
    Thank you also for your feedback on customizations. First, let me make sure that you are aware that the customization interface supports two interaction modes: one via menus and the other using a dialog box and lists.  The latter mode might be more convenient since it allows configuration of many items at once.   Would you use check boxes within the dialog box, instead of the listing interface?

This printing/reporting support is actually somewhat involved and it may take us a few iterations to support a full implementation to this type of functionality; please bear with us!  Smile [:)]  As an FYI, we've had a suggestion from a different user to create a search/report feature that can find the information that a record is 'related to'.

Thank you for the suggestions - please keep them coming (and we'll keep on working on new features)!
    Support Team

View as RSS news feed in XML