Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Some basic questions

Last post 03-30-2008, 8:59 PM by Records For Living Support. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-27-2008, 8:22 PM 1026

Some basic questions

I am 77 years old and computer literate.  When I see a doctor for the first time, I have to answer the usual questions:

1    What operations have you had and when?
    2    What medications are you taking?
    3    Current symptoms
    4    What previous tests/visits have you had?
    5    Any graphic records of PSA, blood pressure, stress test etc?

I would like to be able to off-load the above to a flash drive that I can carry with me on a cruise and use in emergencies.  This would mean enough capability would     have to accompany this info to provide display on common computers in the doctor's office.

I keep track of my medical expenditures in Quicken but need to couple this info with the actual detail of the appointments.

In summary, it looks like you can handle this  kind of stuff but before I invest my time learning your system, I would like some assurance that most of the above can be accommodated.  I have been waiting a long time for a system that can do the above.

best regards
  •  03-30-2008, 8:44 PM 1031 in reply to 1026

Re: Some basic questions

These are some great questions!

Let's break up the answer in a couple of separate response threads so that we can give you more in-depth information.

Questions 1-4 are captured in the medical history summary (see attached PDF file containing a fictitious  sample medical history summary).

Also note that reports can be customized, so you can tailor the medical history summary to contain the information you want to be able to share with your doctors.

As for off-loading the information to a mobile device in a format that can be accessed in the doctor's office, you have a number of options:
    • Print PDF reports - such as the one attached to this email
    • Export your medical records to the ASTM Continuity of Care Record (CCR) standard. 
      • If your doctor uses an electronic health record (EHR) system, he/she may be able to import/view your CCR record directly.
      • Alternatively, anyone can use the freely distributed HealthFrame Viewer and interact with your health record

With HealthFrame you can keep track of your expenses, co-located with the health event associated with it (medication purchase, co-pay for visit, etc).  You can then create customized reports to help you track expenses, manage FSA accounts, track medical mileage deductions, etc.

Please read the follow up response for information on how to track test results like PSA and to graph trends.

Thanks,
    Support Team

•  03-30-2008, 8:59 PM 1032 in reply to 1031

Re: Some basic questions

Attachment: BasicQuestions.PNG
    Finally, as far as its support for graphing data, HealthFrame comes with a number of built-in graphs, as well as the ability to create user-defined graphs for single or multiple overlaid test results.

Built-in graphs include:
    • Blood glucose graph
    • Blood lipids graph
    • Blood pressure graph
    • Growth chart (for children)
    • Weight graph

The image below illustrate how you can enter PSA test results and later graph them.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance,
    Support Team

View as RSS news feed in XML