Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

suggestion for future releases

Last post 06-22-2006, 4:41 PM by Records For Living Support. 12 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-16-2006, 12:53 PM 378

suggestion for future releases

i have some recommendation to improve product in future releases:

1)List insurance plan specifics(copays,deductictibles,What is covered)

2)Add insurance type(Medical,Dental,Vision)in addition to or in place of policy type.Include specifics of each plan.

3)under devices have the option to put in details of device.An example would be eyeglasses.it woild be useful to know what your last presciption was.

4)Include above information in medical history summary report

5)Add subcategories to simplify visit types. Example Category could be therapy with subcategory occupational,speech,physical etc.

6)add office copay,prescription copay,deductible,er visit copay ,etc. to expenses. This will enable the user to keep  a detailed track of what is owed out of pocket and what is applied to their deductible. Will also let them know where their money is being spent. Help with tax deductions.

Christine Moss

•  06-16-2006, 8:26 PM 379 in reply to 378

List insurance plan specifics(copays,deductictibles,What is covered)

I don't know how this would work, trying to cover the deductibles as a list and what is covered, would get very length as there is no standard out and in place - each plan is written specifically for the company, the government or the private plans that are for individuals.

For example, the federal government has 15 providers, each with specific plans, each with specific deductibles, and a vast array of what is covered. To me that is the reason for the plan to be kept either in hardcopy or by PDF soft copy - so you can hightlight and then make notes.

I can only see this with "a standard for the entire industry" and it has just not happened at this time.

*** Davis
  •  06-16-2006, 8:27 PM 380 in reply to 378

Add insurance type(Medical,Dental,Vision)in addition to or in place of policy type.Include specifics of each plan.

Can you provide some more specifics here - this might be viable, but it is just to general - an example would be good as well.
    *** Davis
  •  06-16-2006, 8:30 PM 381 in reply to 378

under devices have the option to put in details of device.An example would be eyeglasses.it woild be useful to know what your last presciption was.

after reading this one, I really don't consider eye glasses and contacts as devices - more in the vision profile. How would the migration from glasses or contacts to lasik be handled.

In receiving and keeping the various eye care provider records (copy of them) there is a lot of information that is there, but doesn't mean anything to anyone else that a eye care provider.

*** Davis
  •  06-16-2006, 8:32 PM 382 in reply to 378

Include above information in medical history summary report

The medical history report is a resume of the medical health encounters, treatments, visits, test, etc that have been done. if you could provide an example of what is not existing, I might give support to this.
    *** Davis
  •  06-16-2006, 8:33 PM 383 in reply to 378

Add subcategories to simplify visit types. Example Category could be therapy with subcategory occupational,speech,physical etc.

I see that this could be used effectively and efficiently - as there are a number of types of visits, but I am using a work around by knowing the providers. However, if I sent the report to you - you would only know what the provider is by looking at the provider detail - and that is on the provider contact screen. Could you give an example?
    *** Davis
  •  06-16-2006, 8:36 PM 384 in reply to 378

add office copay,prescription copay,deductible,etc. to expenses. This will enable the user to keep a detailed track of what is owed out of pocket and what is applied to their deductible. Will also let them know where their money is being spent. Help with

From what I have read here - there is more enhancements coming, but they are mostly scheduled for version 3 of the product as far as I understand. if you are looking as a next step to have some integration with a financial software such as Money or Quicken, then that is definitely a lot of work from just what small understanding that I have obtained from the list. I think that most effectively, this is already done in the Money or Quicken programs, so what would be the benefit here? Can you give an example?
    *** Davis
  •  06-16-2006, 9:35 PM 385 in reply to 379

Re: List insurance plan specifics(copays,deductictibles,What is covered)

i was referring to general details of the plan.

office visit copay ,prescription coverage copay,er visit.etc

•  06-16-2006, 9:42 PM 386 in reply to 380

Re: Add insurance type(Medical,Dental,Vision)in addition to or in place of policy type.Include specifics of each plan.

what do you mean by specifics.It was straight forward. As it is now we have only policy types listed. I was suggesting adding types of insurance (Medical,Dental Vision)maybe like the vision profile you suggested only for dental and medical also. 

•  06-21-2006, 8:11 AM 393 in reply to 378

Re: suggestion for future releases

i have some recommendation to improve product in future releases:

1)List insurance plan specifics(copays,deductictibles,What is covered)General information,sinilar to what is on insurance card

2)Add insurance type(Medical,Dental,Vision)in addition to or in place of policy type.Include specifics of each plan.

3)under devices have the option to put in details of device.An example would be eyeglasses.it woild be useful to know what your last presciption was.I Dont Consider eyeglasses a device but ifigured out where to put information from a previous post.

4)Include above information in medical history summary report

5)Add subcategories to simplify visit types. Example Category could be therapy with subcategory occupational,speech,physical etc.

6)add office copay,prescription copay,deductible,er visit copay ,etc. to expenses. This will enable the user to keep  a detailed track of what is owed out of pocket and what is applied to their deductible. Will also let them know where their money is being spent. Help with tax deductions.

7)Add copay to medications just like it is for medical visits.

Christine Moss

•  06-22-2006, 4:08 PM 394 in reply to 393

(medications co-pay) - was Re: suggestion for future releases

Not to ignore the other issues - we'll address those later - but I wanted to clarify this one point.

The current 'medication' element is a summary statement about the user of a medication for a particular period of time. It does not contain the structure or detail to capture so-called 'pill management'.

We are considering the possability of adding 'pill management' to HealthFrame 3.0, and then - direct entry of co-pays for indivual refills would be tracked.

In HealthFrame 2.x - this can be tracked fairly easily by simply clicking the 'Add New' item in the 'Related Information' section, selecting 'Expense' and clicking the 'Create New' button.

OK - that wasn't easy easy - but its not hard either. And it does produce the linked/related list of refill expenses associated with a medication.

I guess my point is that it really doesn't make sense to add a 'Co-pay' to the medication page. What you would have to add is a co-pays LIST (and it wouldn't necessarily even be copays - but rather fullfullments - some of which might be co-pays).

Support Team.

•  06-22-2006, 4:30 PM 395 in reply to 394

Re: (medications co-pay) - was Re: suggestion for future releases

I Have been tracking medication that way.However i find that it might be easier if the box was already there instead of opening up  the related information section.Most medications are an expense and it just seems logical.
  •  06-22-2006, 4:41 PM 396 in reply to 395

Re: (medications co-pay) - was Re: suggestion for future releases

You are 100% correct, and what you propose is completely logical.

In fact - though we had planned this only for 3.0, I will dicuss the matter with our development team. Although we cannot do a good job fully addressing this until 3.0, we maybe able to do most of what you are looking for in the 2.x timeframe.

Its not a matter of IF we will do what you are asking, but a matter of what timeframe makes the most sense for us.

Hopefully we can squeeze this project into 2.2.

Support Team.

View as RSS news feed in XML