Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Dates of Tests

Last post 06-22-2007, 12:33 PM by Robert. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-18-2007, 12:36 PM 755

Dates of Tests

On June 5th, I saw a provider who scheduled me for a X-ray test on June 27th with another provider. The date of the test in HealthFrame shows as June 5. It was a little confusing to another provider who I saw yesterday. He was shown a "Medical Summary Report" and he asked about the results of the test. I had to explain that the date shown was the date that the test was ordered and that I had not actually had the test yet.

Is this the way it supposed to work, or am I doing something wrong again?

Thanks,
    Bill
  •  06-18-2007, 10:47 PM 757 in reply to 755

Re: Dates of Tests

Attachment: TestDates.PNG
    Bill,

I am not sure how you entered the data for your test, so I've created a new test, ordered in April and to be taken June 25, 2007 (please see image below).  Note the settings carefully, in particular the specific list item that I selected to enter the test administration details.

With these settings, note the medical history summary report seems to appropriately report the test with a 'future' date.

Did you do something different? Perhaps enter your test as 'self administered'?

Note that when I did this, I ran into a minor bug with HealthFrame: once the test administration details were saved, HealthFrame displays the list value as self-administered, though it properly keeps track of the scheduling information.  This bug has been reported and will be fixed in the next release.

If you can tell me in a little more detail how to reproduce your test date entry problem, I would appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Support Team

•  06-19-2007, 1:29 AM 758 in reply to 755

Here’s the low down on how to enter information in Ordered and Administered sections of TESTS. It is easiest if the office VISIT when the order was given and the VISIT to the test facility are created first, before creating the TEST record. This is assumed in the following explanation. We start in the window for a new test.

First, expand the Ordered window, click ‘none’ in the ‘During visit’ entry space to display a drop down list of VISITS. Select the office VISIT and the ‘By’ and ‘Date’ data will auto fill from that VISIT record.

Second, expand the Administered window… If during the VISIT the test is ordered and performed in the office by the same Provider, then select ‘As Ordered’ in the ‘Details’ drop down window. The window will change to ‘Same As Ordered’ and the Medical History Summary will show the same date as the VISIT.

If, as in your case, the test is ordered during the visit but performed on another date by a different Provider, then the appropriate selection in the ‘Details’ drop down window is ‘Specify More Administrative Details’. Click on ‘none’ in the ‘During visit’ entry space to display a drop down list of VISITS. Select the test facility/date VISIT and the ‘By’ and ‘Date’ data will auto fill from that VISIT record. The Medical History Summary will show the date of the test facility VISIT.
    robert
  •  06-20-2007, 5:57 PM 761 in reply to 757

I'm not sure this answer will make sense to you, but here goes. I entered the doctor's visit first. Then I created a test record and found the name of the test in your database. I then filled in Ordered section entering the visit with the doctor. I then looked at the Administered By section and thought 'This test has not been administered yet'. I looked at the options and Self Administered didn't fit . I didn't know what Same as Ordered meant or how it would be used so I selected Specify More Administrative Details. It did have some date fields to specify the future test so I picked it. But, it also asked for During Visit and By info. So I double clicked the Visit field and selected the appropriate visit. The doctor's name came up in the During Visit and the By and date fields were automatically entered and disabled to they could not be changed.

Some elements of my confusion: "Administered' is Past Tense - this was a future test. During Visit and associated fields seemed to be a duplication of the Ordered fields.

I can see the order of entry is important - enter the visit and then the test. I did that.

To me the words used in selection of the 'Details' box are not self evident and the fact that 'none' should be left in the During Visit and By fields is not intuitive. However, everyone is different and has different understanding of how to use what is displayed. I guess I'd like things to be a little more foolproof and then maybe I could understand it.

Thanks,
    Bill
  •  06-20-2007, 5:59 PM 762 in reply to 758

Robert,
    Thanks for your input. See my reply above for details as to what I did to arrive at my 'problem'.

Bill
  •  06-22-2007, 12:33 PM 763 in reply to 762

Bill,

I've spent considerable time inputting a large and varied amount of data into HFE for my wife...made mistakes along the way, discovered features by trial and error, offerred a number of suggestions and so forth. This is a good application and well worth taking the time to become familiar with it. There is much to be learned from this forum as well....if you haven't, consider entering some search words to find posts previously discussed on topics of your interest.

robert
View as RSS news feed in XML