Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Bug in Expense Register?

Last post 10-13-2009, 9:23 PM by Records For Living Support. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-08-2008, 9:27 PM 1018

Bug in Expense Register?

I entered a Visit today and entered the Co-Pay (which goes to the Expense Register). When I went to the Expense Register for the expense, I wanted to add the check number to the Memo field, but when I tried to save it, I got a window "Validation failure saving page contents" which contained: 'That change cannot be made: the 'date' field cannot be empty.' The date was not empty because it was already entered from the associated Visit, but somehow it got cleared out, and it wouldn't let me enter the date in the expense register again? So I had to Cancel.

•  03-12-2008, 9:03 PM 1019 in reply to 1018

Re: Bug in Expense Register?

Hi, Drix.

This looks like a regression bug: changing the memo and amount fields of visit co-pays used to work in the 2.0.2 release as shown in this Community Forum entry: http://community.recordsforliving.com/forums/thread/345.aspx

A work-around (though not "great") is to create in the "Related Information" section an expense for your co-pay and then you'll be able to edit all fields.  You lose the convenience of having the visit co-pay being strictly associated with the visit (i.e. if you use the built-in visit co-pay, it gets deleted if/when you delete the visit).

We're sorry for the inconvenience and we thank you for reporting the bug.  Our development team will work to correct this.

Thanks!
    Support Team
  •  07-26-2009, 11:37 AM 1439 in reply to 1018

Has anyone else found a solution to this issue?  I am encountering the same problem.
  •  07-26-2009, 12:27 PM 1440 in reply to 1439

Steven,

It seems this bug has only been partially fixed in 2.1.11.  You should be able to edit the memo field, but you still cannot enter additional Related Information to that expense, unless you follow the work-around suggested in the original response to Drix question, i.e. create the expense information in the visit as a Related Information and do not use the 'co-pay' field.

Here's how you can change the memo field for co-pays:
    • Create your visit record as you normally would and enter the co-pay value
    • In the expense register, click on the row for the co-pay you just entered and then click on the Edit button (not the Details... button).
    • Now you can edit the memo field and the amount
    Please let us know if you need additional assistance and thank you for reporting this limitation of the fix,
    Support Team
  •  10-08-2009, 1:46 PM 1496 in reply to 1440

Do you have an estimate of when an update to HealthFrame will be available (such as a 2.1.12 version) and whether it will include the fix for this issue (being able to fully edit expenses that are automatically generated when adding a co-pay to a visit)?
  •  10-13-2009, 9:23 PM 1501 in reply to 1496

Hi, Steve.

We do not currently have an estimate for when a version 2.1.12 update might be available, but our development team is currently considering inclusion of a fix for the issue you raise with editing details for visit co-pay expenses.

Thank you for using HealthFrame and thank you for your patience,
    Support Team
View as RSS news feed in XML