Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Attachment Errors

Last post 05-26-2009, 6:57 AM by Records For Living Support. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-24-2009, 5:53 PM 1336

Attachment Errors

Earlier today I was able to scan a document and save it as a file in HealthFrame. Now it won’t work. I am in “Tests” and under “Add New” to “Related Information”… I scanned onto my computer the document the same as I did before, and it does “Save” as a “File Attachment,” but then I cannot “View linked information details” within Health Frame (’tho I can open the document fine on my computer).  The error returned the many times I’ve tried reads: “An error occurred while open an attachment. HRESULT failure [E_ACCESSDENIED].  Since I HAD set a password since my prior successful effort at saving and then viewing files within HealthFrame, I removed my password, closed and re-opened HealthFrame to see if this would make a difference regarding “Access;” it didn’t--no scanned documents will open after I “Save” them in HealthFrame.

Please advise.  Thank you.  

•  05-24-2009, 6:07 PM 1337 in reply to 1336

Re: Attachment Errors

Pat,

We're sorry for the issue you've run into trying to view your attachment.

Could you perhaps tell us whether you are able to save the attachment to your disk?  The first button on the link should read,  "Save a copy of this attachment to a file", when you hover over it (disk icon).

Please let us know if this action works for you and if so, are you able to open the attachment once it is saved to your hard disk?

Thank you,
    Support Team

•  05-25-2009, 12:56 PM 1341 in reply to 1337

Thank you, Support, for your prompt response.

Yes, I am able to do the function you ask about--"Save a copy of this attachment to a file," wherein I re-copy the document to my computer (to a different location than where I had it scanned and then linked to HealthFrame).  Nevertheless, it still won't open from within HealthFrame. 
    This is all ok for my personal use, but I am trying to understand how to use HealthFrame in the most useful way for my doctor to access (such as via a USB flash drive?).
  •  05-26-2009, 6:57 AM 1342 in reply to 1341

Pat,

Thank you for trying the "save a copy" function. 

When you saved the attachment to a different location on your hard disk, did you try and open the file at that point?  Did you succeed in opening the file that was 'extracted' from HealthFrame?

What is the file extension for the file you are opening?  (.jpg, .png, .gif, something else?)

There are a number of different ways to share your health records with your doctor(s).  Here are some examples:
    • Create PDF documents for your medical summary reports.
    • You can print any number of reports available in HealthFrame and share those with your providers.
    • You can export HealthFrame to an industry standard format known as the ASTM Continuity of Care Record.  This is an electronic, XML-based industry standard that is supported by a number of electronic health record vendors (the software used by health providers).  The American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) maintains a listing of products that support CCR http://www.centerforhit.org/x2022.xml  You can ask your providers if they use any of the compliant products.
    • Alternatively, if your doctor has the freely distributed HealthFrame Viewer installed on his/her systems, you can share your records with him/her on a USB or any other way that you can securely exchange data with your doctor.
    • You can export the contents from your PHR onto an iPod classic and allow your provider to view your records.
    Thank you,
    Support Team

View as RSS news feed in XML