Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Indexing and data entry

Last post 01-04-2008, 8:34 AM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-24-2007, 9:59 PM 918

Indexing and data entry

First off I would like to say what a great program you guys have created. I did some researh on several other programs and for my needs this one comes out on top.

I am waiting on some records to come back from the military so I can start entering in the past 20 years worth of medical information that I collected during my time in the service. Instead of scanning in and attaching these records I want to manually put them in the program.

I would like to know if in the future releases you will be able to start entering in information and the program will auto fill in? This is a feature used in some other programs and when entering in a lot of information becomes very useful quick. I belive it used in conjuction with Indexing in the tables in databases.

I would like to add that I spent most of the afternoon today reading through 14 pages of posts by your forum contributors. The one thing that stoood out in my mind is that your customer support took the time and read the posts and reponded to all users posts within a timely manner. Great job on the customer support for this forum.

Bill

•  01-04-2008, 8:34 AM 931 in reply to 918

Re: Indexing and data entry

Attachment: AutoCompletion.PNG
    Hi, Bill:

Welcome to the HealthFrame User Community Forum!

Thank you very much for your kind comments on the quality of HealthFrame and our customer support.  Records For Living is committed to providing a quality product that meets our customers' needs.  We encourage and are thankful for the feedback we receive from our user community.  While we can't promise to address all requests in specific releases, your suggestions help guide our development team to new ways to make HealthFrame even better.  Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Also, let me point out a feature of HealthFrame that may help with the 'auto fill in'.  Please look at the image below - I will be using the example of filling in a new condition for 'Asthma'.  Note that if I enter the text 'Asthma' in the condition type, there is no 'auto fill in'.  If, however, I click on the selection icon (to the right of the type field), a wizard dialog box comes up, which may help reduce typing.  Note that as you type the letters in the word 'Asthma' that the list of possible matches changes as you type.  If you 'see' the condition you are looking for, you can then click on it and be done with typing.

We understand this is not as ergonomic as an auto fill in would have been - and we have forwarded your suggestion to our development team.  It is worth noting that part of what the wizard dialog box is trying to do is much more than an exact match.  I showed in my example the use of the 'starts with' matching, but it also supports 'contains' which is important if you don't know the exact name.  Also, the wizard dialog box will match on any name or code - and this includes 'synonyms'.  We've built this matcher to help users with some of their communication with their doctors, which sometimes involves written records that use either more technical terms or medical coding systems - in which case the patient needs more powerful matching tools.

Thanks again for your suggestion and for using HealthFrame.  Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Happy New Year!
    Support Team

View as RSS news feed in XML