Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Deleting Multiple Visits

Last post 10-31-2007, 9:50 PM by Records For Living Support. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-19-2007, 12:17 PM 886

Deleting Multiple Visits

I want to create another database by exporting my current database and then importing the file into my new database. The problem is, I only need some of the information from the original database. With this in mind, I have two questions:

1. Is there any way to export just certain areas of the database?
    2. Is there any way to delete multiple visits from the database at one time?

I have tried exporting my original database, but it seems the only option I have is to either include or exclude the attachments.  Also, I have tried using the Shift and Control keys while trying to select multiple visits to delete, but have found this does not work.

One other thing I would like to know, is there any way to list just the visits that have links to other visits, journals, etc.? It appears that I must delete these link before I can delete the visit.

Many thanks for your wonderful product!

•  10-31-2007, 9:28 PM 894 in reply to 886

Re: Deleting Multiple Visits

Attachment: FilteringExports.PNG
    Hello, Esther!

It is always a pleasure to see your postings in our forum.  You touch on two very interesting topics and we will break up our answer in two parts, to keep each response relatively short... Smile [:)]

(1) Is there any way to export just certain areas of the database?

Yes there is.  You may not have noticed this, but the Export dialog box has a filter capability that is very similar to our customization support for reports.  Please look for the ellipsis (...) towards the bottom of the dialog box (see image below). 

As an example, I am creating an ASTM Continuity of Care Record (CCR) export for one of our sample personal health records (PHRs) - the one for Jose.  Experiment for yourself with the sample.  Perhaps the best way to 'trim' your export is to select a date range, for instance after 01/01/2006.  If you select this customization, the export should only contain information that is either active (no end date) or which overlaps with that date ranage.  You can experiment with the samples, re-importing into 'new' PHRs and comparing what information was exported.

A couple of things are important to stress:
    1. In HealthFrame 2.1.x, filters only work on CCR exports.  This limitation has been fixed for our next major release and we apologize for this inconvenience.
    2. Export customizations - like all customizations - can be saved for later use.  This may be useful in cases where you customize detailed healthcare information you choose to share with others, perhaps omiting private information.

Thank you as usual for your kind remarks about HealthFrame, and read our next response for your second question.

Support Team

•  10-31-2007, 9:50 PM 895 in reply to 894

Re: Deleting Multiple Visits

Attachment: VisitWithLinks.PNG
    2. Is there any way to delete multiple visits from the database at one time?

Unfortunately there is no mechanism to do multiple selections/deletions at once with our current implementation.  We are looking into ways to improve this interface in future releases and we apologize for the inconvenience.

We have tried to reproduce the problem you mention where you are unable to delete visits because they have links to related information such as journals or other visits (please see attached image).  When we try this, the deletion works without a problem.  Earlier versions of HealthFrame had problems with deletion of data that was linked, so it is possible you have run into a problem we haven't yet corrected.  Do you think you could try and reproduce the problem with one of our samples? 

We don't currently have a report on 'linked' data, but we can take a look into perhaps creating an OHS plug-in.  We'll keep you posted!

Thanks again,
    Support Team

View as RSS news feed in XML