Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Can Not Use Same Measurement > ‘Item Name’ Entry v2.1.6

Last post 07-07-2007, 11:02 PM by Records For Living Support. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-27-2007, 11:26 PM 771

Can Not Use Same Measurement > ‘Item Name’ Entry v2.1.6

FYI. This observation may be a quirk or may be intentional programming.

Click Tests, Add New, enter something in the Type field, open Measurements, Add New. If, for example, the  word Spine is entered in the ‘Item Name’ field, enter a ‘Value’, click Save and all is well. Click Add New and enter the same word Spine in the ‘Item Name’ field, a ‘Value’ entry, click Save and the program will not save the file.

I had an instance to input the above, but came up with a alternative that works. I have no opinion on the outcome. FYI.

robert
  •  06-28-2007, 11:15 PM 772 in reply to 771

Re: Can Not Use Same Measurement > ‘Item Name’ Entry v2.1.6

Robert,

I followed the steps you indicated in your posting and I was able to reproduce the problem (see attached image). There is ONE caveat however: HealthFrame is actually saving the data - what you see is a display bug.  The bug of course is that the page shows as if it were unsaved (green coloring in the navigation panel on the left).

We have logged this bug with our development team, but your data should actually have been saved.  Have you come back to that Test page after saving, quitting HealthFrame and restarting?

The problem is at least in part by design.  The program did not expect a test with multiple measurements that have the same name.  The development team may be inclined to fix this bug not by recognizing that the data has in fact been saved, but rather by disabling the ability to have multiple measurements of the same name... 

Can you perhaps help us identify a case where it is useful to have multiple measurements with the same name?  Are you sure that the data shouldn't instead be stored as multiple tests (of the same name)?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention,
    Support Team

•  07-01-2007, 11:54 PM 773 in reply to 772

Re: Can Not Use Same Measurement > ‘Item Name’ Entry v2.1.6

>Have you come back to that Test page after saving, quitting HealthFrame and restarting?<

If the question is relative to the single instance of not saving the repeated ‘Item Name’, no, I didn’t think of trying to analyze the problem. The only check I might have done was open the Medical History Summary to see if the change was processed – it wasn’t. Once I saw HFE wasn’t saving the repeated ‘Item Name’ I configured an alternative way to display the data.

>Can you perhaps help us identify a case where it is useful to have multiple measurements with the same name?  Are you sure that the data shouldn't instead be stored as multiple tests (of the same name)?<

I was attempting to log a bone density scan test. The test report looks something like this:

Bone

Density             T-Score             %            Z-Score             %

Spine                0.xxx                x.x                    xx            x.x                    xx

Lt. Hip(N)           0.xxx                x.x                    xx            x.x                    xx

Lt. Hip(T)            0.xxx                x.x                    xx            x.x                    xx

Now that I look at the same scenario again I’m not sure what my arrangement plan was at the time. I believe I was trying to avoid repeating Bone Density, T-Score, %. Z-Score and % in each of the columns of the MHS report like I ended up doing, as follows:

Scan, Bone Density

Spine                Left Hip(neck)                      Left Hip(total)                       Impression

4/16/2007          Density 0.xxx    Density 0.xxx   

T-score x.x        T-score x.x                           etc                                    blah, blah

xx %                 xx %

Z-Score x.x        Z-Score x.x

xx %                 xx %

Might mention that currently recording text under Tests doesn’t appear as seen above in the MHS – instead the text is right aligned, left justified. The text would be more familiar and easier to read if left aligned, right justified, with the ability to start a new sentence(the Enter key).

robert
  •  07-07-2007, 11:02 PM 790 in reply to 773

Re: Can Not Use Same Measurement &gt; ‘Item Name’ Entry v2.1.6

> The only check I might have done was open the Medical History Summary to see if the change was processed – it wasn’t.

Ah!!!  I didn't check the Medical History Summary report.  You are correct that this is another area where the software did not expect multiple measurements of the same name - besides the green tile in the "Open Pages" area, that is.

Thank you for the example of the bone density scan test.  I can see why you didn't want to repeat the measurement labels - this should be facilitated once we support a mechanism to create and/or customize test panels.

For now it seems that HealthFrame would do better to alert users from creating multiple measurements of the same name, in the same test.

Thanks for taking the time to clarify,
    Support Team

View as RSS news feed in XML