Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Graphing other things? - UPDATED

Last post 05-29-2007, 5:37 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-29-2007, 1:14 PM 719

Graphing other things? - UPDATED

Your software is really good!

I am a hypothyroid and hypogonad patient who is trying to graph how I feel at a particular dose of synthroid amongst many other things. Is there an easy way to do this and also CHART it? I can only chart tests it seems...but what would be really helpful is to be able to put in other things into the graphs.

For example, I figured out what were my migraine triggers by graphing foods that I ate and how I felt day by day until a migraine was triggered. I used MS SQL Analysis Services to do a little BI and have it figure it out for me. You actually already seem to have a pretty good way to link things together which is really good.

I was looking for something like this for a long time but for some reason never came across it until today. Being a software engineer, I actually ended up writing something similar for myself but don't really have time now to add as much functionally as you have.

Also, how about a mobile client that syncs with the desktop version?

What would be really awesome is if you could install this as a website on your home PC so that people are actually able to enter symptoms from whereever they have Internet connectivity. I am sure this is probably something that you think is not helpful, but for people like me who are tracking a lot of things - it is best to get it entered the moment you remember it or as soon as it happens.

Thanks!

PS: I also came across a reference to plugins. Do you have an API that we can use to develop our own?

Thanks!

•  05-29-2007, 5:37 PM 721 in reply to 719

Re: Graphing other things? - UPDATED

Thanks for your very kind words about HealthFrame!  We are happy to hear that you find it useful and also happy to hear your suggestions for further improvements.

You are correct that in the current version you are restricted to charting test measurements.  I hope you are aware of the custom, user-defined chart capabilities that are built into HealthFrame - http://community.recordsforliving.com/forums/thread/560.aspx 

I understand this may be a bit of a stretch, but how about something like this… You can create Journals to track your food intake (separate Journal Entries per day, perhaps).  Then for each day you can track ‘how’ you feel, by linking your Journal Entry to a custom Test Measurement (e.g. “DailyTracker”) – if you use a numeric scale, it’s graphable!  You can then take a look at trends and go back to the Journal Entries to correlate to food intake, etc.  You may even correlate it graphically to other factors, like amount of exercise, hours of sleep, exposure to sunlight, etc.  This is not as powerful as doing BI, but it may help you visualize trends and how different factors may affect your migraines.

As for synchronizing with mobile devices, or web sites, we are certainly working on new ways we can hook up to new environments, bi-directionally.  I assume you’re aware of our ability to push information to devices such as USBs, iPods, etc.  It seems you’re primarily interested in having an easy way of jotting down information “on the go” and have it synchronize later.  The good news is that HealthFrame has great support for merging in data, so really all that needs to be done is a access a front-end that would allow you to create the XML data that HealthFrame can import.

To keep this reply relatively small, I’ve created a separate entry to answer your question about plug-ins: http://community.recordsforliving.com/forums/thread/720.aspx

Thanks again for the great post!

Support Team

View as RSS news feed in XML