Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Larger Emergency Card

Last post 07-11-2018, 3:14 PM by Mindsurfer. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-17-2018, 10:56 PM 1926

Larger Emergency Card

I know the Emergency card is supposed to be small to fit in your wallet, but my husband has some many Concerns and Medications, it gets truncated. It would be nice to have to option to "grow" to contain all contents and maybe customize the items on the card. Thanks!
  •  02-21-2018, 6:54 PM 1928 in reply to 1926

Re: Larger Emergency Card

You can get some of what you want right now from the MedicalHistorySummary (just hiding the stuff you want hidden with filters).

I'm not sure what 'grow' would mean? Let the user specify any size for the horizonal and vertical dimenions? A 'grow'/'resize' box? Or a few fixed sizes to choose from?
  •  03-23-2018, 9:52 PM 1930 in reply to 1928

support@RecordsForLiving.com:
    ...I'm not sure what 'grow' would mean? Let the user specify any size for the horizonal and vertical dimenions? A 'grow'/'resize' box? Or a few fixed sizes to choose from?

Currently, the Emergency Card is formatted as two card-sized panels, oriented side by side, that can be printed, cut out and folded to become a "card". The first panel is the front of the "card" and the second panel is the back of the "card." The first panel contains the label, name, DOB, blood type, selected concerns, and selected medications. The second panel contains the PCP name, emergency contact info, insurance info, donor and advanced directive info, and optional text.

The problem is that, if the person has enough active conditions and/or medications, the medication list may exceed the available space in the panel and be truncated. The second panel can be affected similarly, if its information exceeds the available space. I think "grow" means extending the report so important information isn't truncated.

My county's Voter Registration Card is actually printed on card stock as three card-sized panels, side by side. It is intended to be folded to become an accordion trifold "card" that fits in a standard credit card sleeve in a wallet. My point is that, as long as it folds to a card size that fits in a wallet or cardholder, the Emergency Card could be 2, 3, 4, 5, or even 6 panels long, and still be formatted to be folded down to card size and fit in a wallet. Let the report be however many panels long it needs to be to accommodate the specified information.

- Tom
    Idea <i>You have the power to give life.
  •  07-08-2018, 2:00 PM 1955 in reply to 1930

I agree that 2+ sections would be helpful. Plus, if "side 1" is small, then "side 2" info could start on side 1, If all info is too large for 2 sides, then grow to 3 or more. It could reduce size by not having Ph# and (Mobile)(Work) etc. - optional check if want to display. I have 2 Blue Cross Blue Shield contracts - one medical and one dental. I don't need the name and phone listed twice.
  •  07-11-2018, 3:14 PM 1956 in reply to 1955

Given the complete lack of response, here, I ended up adapting an emergency medical card template for Libreoffice 6. With all my current concerns, meds, devices, and treatments, I needed a 5-panel card. Have had to use it a couple times, already, and the healthframe version is completely inadequate, as currently designed.
    - Tom
    Idea <i>You have the power to give life.
View as RSS news feed in XML