#1 - When adding a new units entry in the Test panel ... remember units
This is a very good idea. I've added http://bugzilla.recordsforliving.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1037 to track this issue. This is slightly more complicated than it may appear on the surface, because if you make a mistake with units, HealthFrame will then continue suggesting this mistake.
But that mostly applies the case of entering NEW units for a measurement type, and doesnt apply when you are selecting from existing units.
And we could count how many times a unit was used, and start suggesting it when the user uses it a few times.
Or - we could provide a UI to allow editing/augmenting our 'reference content' which all these units and other concepts are based on (but thats a bigger effort).
#2 WOW. What an oversight! You are COMPLETELY correct. Tests administered or ordered 'during a visit' should be (automatically) listed in the visits 'relationship' section. Thanks for catching this!
#3 We actually have something better in mind, but its alot of work to implement, so I'm not sure how quickly we'll get to it. In HeallthFrame v3 data model, we treat journal entries EXACTLY the same as 'notes' on objects like visits etc (which is the gitst of what you are asking for - except your focused on the user interface, not the back end data model).
Then 'journals' become nothing more than 'tags' associated with 'notes' - and a journal is just a collection of notes all sharing a particular tag. Then you could attach 'notes' - like 'yellow sticky notes' to any object in HealthFrame (using full rich text) - and still be able to see the grouped by 'journal' (aka tag).
But that requires alot of html magic, and may need to wait for the HTML5 rewrite..
#4 Yes - we have this on our 'roadmap' - but I cannot say when we will get to this. We could do this with the windows notification manager, but more likely we'll allow you to add a 'synchonization' rule to automatically synchonize with a calendar (like outlook or google calendar). And then that tool will give you your 'notifications'. ( http://bugzilla.recordsforliving.com/show_bug.cgi?id=290 )
#5: Beware there already is a feature in Healthframe that does much of you want. Goto 'User defined graph', and select "page customizations">show measrurements > By test Type
See attached screenshot.
This isn't perfect. Our graphing package deals badly with more than 3 or 4 different types. So you can use the Show > by measurement type popup to remove a few series from the graph and then it displays better.
Also - I've added http://bugzilla.recordsforliving.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1039 to our bug tracking system to track the idea to link to this page directly from each individual test page.
#6 has been covered earlier. I agree. This just isn't as easy as it appears to you (and me) that it should be. Sorry. This is on our list to fix.
#7 I'm not sure I understand why this would be helpful, but its easy and I see no good reason for the order to be the other way - so I added http://bugzilla.recordsforliving.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1040 - to our list - and we should be able to this quickly.
#8 I'm not sure I understand this request. Is your request equivilent to allowing you to 'select all the days in a month' - and then see the details (as you do now) for all selected items? And then adding more filter abilities (like 'show only items related to')?
We already have on our list of requests - http://bugzilla.recordsforliving.com/show_bug.cgi?id=752 - Chronological listing of all calender entries report? Maybe if we combined THAT with some sort of filter based on concern (related to?)
#9 This is a nice idea. I've added http://bugzilla.recordsforliving.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1041 - to track this "Make 'expand all' menu item 3-state - expand all with data, then expand all, then collapse all)"
The challenge here is that each page would need to be modified and have custom logic to know what 'sections' are empty, making this a bit of work. A good idea, and perhaps we'll get to it. It depends on how many other people request this, and priorities. So much todo.
#10 - this is actually a bug in an open source word processing component I use. https://github.com/SophistSolutions/Stroika/tree/V2-Release/Library/Sources/Stroika/Frameworks/Led ; I opened a bug report there to track this issue. https://stroika.atlassian.net/browse/STK-492
Thanks for all of your VERY thoughtful suggestions. I hope we can eventually address them all, but please be patient as we work our way through our large backlog of requests.
And please feel free to vote/clarify what things are most important!