Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Deleting tests

Last post 01-18-2014, 9:12 AM by Jadian. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-15-2014, 3:25 PM 1714

Deleting tests

I've been keeping detailed medical information in Healthframe for many years.  Including daily blood glucose readings.  Undoubtedly, the database has become so large that adding any information now takes many seconds (or even minutes) to process.  Is there a way to delete MULTIPLE tests at one time?  2000 tests at one minute each is not easy.

I've tried exporting the file and un-selecting the tests, but when I import the CCR to a new patient the tests are still there.  I've tried selecting the tests with the usual shift and control but it only selects the last test. 

If you can come up with a suggestion to trim the file somehow I would appreciate it.  Otherwise it's becoming more and more difficult to enter data.

Thanks,

Joe Nichols
  •  01-16-2014, 12:29 PM 1715 in reply to 1714

Re: Deleting tests

I'm sorry for your difficulties.

You may not be aware, but there is a major update to HealthFrame (v3) just around the corner. Sadly - it does NOT have the feature you are looking for (making it easy to delete lots of tests all at once). We are reluctant to make it too easy to do something you cannot undo, but might want to...

However, the way we manage tests internally has been completely revamped. I hope any performance issues you are seeing we either have, or can, correct.

If not for the speed issue - I gather you would be OK with (and even prefer) keeping your old data - right?

Please send email to support@RecordsForLiving.com - and ask to enroll in their beta program. We will then send you information on how to download and test that the performance problem has been corrected (or we will work with you to get it corrected).

Can you tell me the number of tests you have in your PHR? We can at least create a sample PHR with that number of tests to verify on our own that this isn't a problem....

Thanks,
    Records For Living Support Team.
  •  01-18-2014, 9:12 AM 1716 in reply to 1715

Re: Deleting tests

Thank you for the quick response.  Yes, I would prefer to keep ALL the data that I've collected over the years.  I suppose that there may be something in MY computer that is causing the problem, but it seems that the performance problem has just been getting gradually worse in the last year or so.  Maybe I'll try to move the data to another computer and make sure I get the same issue.  I think there are a total of about 3,000 tests.  The delay in adding data is not just limited to adding a test, but any addition or modification is really slow.  I've sent an email to support and would be happy to test the new release to see if there is improvement. 

Again, thanks for your help.
View as RSS news feed in XML