Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Best way to record expenses/cosrs paid by multiple insurance companies

Last post 08-10-2010, 12:04 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-26-2010, 6:12 PM 1582

Best way to record expenses/cosrs paid by multiple insurance companies

I am just getting started with HealthFrame Family. I would like to be able to record the full disposition of the bills (what the provider submitted, the ins co allowable/reimbursement, the adjustments, and the copay co-ins through 3 companies). I can see how the tool can do this, but if there is a "best way" to do it I would appreciate starting off the right way.

Also what is the best way to link conditions, visits, and medicatons/treatments? Is there a preferred way to use links to make upgrades easier and prepare for future reporting options.

Thanks
  •  08-10-2010, 12:04 PM 1602 in reply to 1582

Re: Best way to record expenses/cosrs paid by multiple insurance companies

The HealthFrame v2 data model only supports tracking of medical expenses, and not tracking transfers into accounts (which is needed to compute some of the things you are talking about).

Future versions of HealthFrame will support a more elaborate data model, so you can track accumulation of funds in a health savings account, adjustments, etc. And we will provide better support to relate a single expense to a particular event (say a visit etc).

For now - all that you can very effectively do with HealthFrame v2 - is to track medical expenses.

As for the best way to link conditions, visits etc, just create relationships using the 'Related Information' panel. Future versions of Healthframe will take better advantage of this information, allowing for better reporting, filtering, and searching.
View as RSS news feed in XML