Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Linking multiple test to a single document

Last post 10-13-2009, 9:39 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-07-2009, 1:19 PM 1495

Linking multiple test to a single document

I frequently receive lab results that may include for example both a CBC and a BMP on the same report. If I scan this document into a PDF I can link it to one of these test entries. But if I try to link to the second test entry the only option is to "create" which I assume means the document is going to be stored twice. Resulting in excessive database size etc. Is there a way to link existing document in HealthFrame to new entries.
  •  10-13-2009, 9:39 PM 1502 in reply to 1495

Re: Linking multiple test to a single document

Hi, MJ!

Welcome to the HealthFrame User Community Forum and thank you for your interest in HealthFrame.

You have a few options available to you with HealthFrame, all of which rely on the "Related Information" (i.e. link) support:
    • You can create a link to a file that is stored in your hard disk (URL - Web Link).  The advantage is that you can have an unlimited number of these attachments, without increasing the size of your PHR database.  The disadvantage is that those files are not a part of your consolidated record and you have a dependency on folder(s) in your hard disk(s).
    • You can consider the lab result a communication: attach the file once to the communication.  Everywhere you want to reference the lab result (e.g. from the CBC and BMP test pages), just create a link to the communication.
    • Similarly to the approach above, you can create a Journal for your "Scanned Documents".  You can then create a journal entry for each separate document, e.g. the lab result.  Then, everywhere you want to reference the lab result (e.g. from the CBC and BMP test pages), just create a link to the specific journal entry.
    Please let us know if we can be of additional assistance,
    Support Team
View as RSS news feed in XML