Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

EOB's and Claim Numbers

Last post 05-26-2009, 9:17 PM by Records For Living Support. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-02-2008, 11:37 AM 1211

EOB's and Claim Numbers

I haven't been out here in a while, so I really don't know if this has been requested:

Is there anyway to add a box for input of a claim number/EOB? And to have an option to sort visits by claim number/EOB?

Thanks!

Esther

•  10-06-2008, 8:45 PM 1218 in reply to 1211

Re: EOB's and Claim Numbers

Attachment: EOB.PNG
    Hi, Esther!

Good to hear from you!  Smile [:)]

There isn't a built-in way to track the claim number associated with a visit, but there are other mechanisms to help you part-way.

First of all, isn't it true that visits aren't the 'only' types of records associated with claims and EOBs?  Medications and treatments are also likely to be covered by specific claims and EOBs...  The suggestion below may help with those usages also.

Basically, create a record for the EOB information.  You can do this any number of different ways, including using journal entries or expense records.  In the case of an EOB, since there is usually a breakdown of your benefits, you could consider creating an 'expense' record.  Then you can link your visits, medications, treatments, etc to the EOB record.  This would let you track the claim number/EOB since you can just click on the link and see the information. 

For now, you won't be able to sort visits by this information, but I'll be sending your comments to our development team for future releases.

Thanks!
    Support Team

•  05-26-2009, 12:05 PM 1343 in reply to 1218

Hi there!  I guess what I am mainly wanting to do here is to be able to quickly match up the EOB's to doctor's visits, hospital stays, secondary claims to hospital vists (i.e., radiology, lab, etc). In other words, when a statement comes in from a hospital stay, I would like to be able to pull up the hospital stay (date), and then be able to see immediately to which EOB this is related, so I can readily compare what the EOB says I owe to what I am being billed prior to paying the bill.

I have found that more times than not, the hospital, facility, radiology, doctor's office, etc., will bill me for more than what my insurance EOB states that I owe.

Many thanks!

•  05-26-2009, 9:17 PM 1348 in reply to 1343

Hi, Esther!  Good to hear from you!

Matching up EOBs to bills is definitely an important thing to do - as you say, it's not infrequent for provider bills (hospitals, etc) to be different than the insurance's EOB statement...

Here's a "dumb" question from us...  Wink [;)] Say you attach a scanned copy of the EOB to your hospital stay (visit).  When you receive your bill, you could go to the visits page, scroll to the date, open the hospitalization record and then open the EOB attachment.  Then you can compare the EOB to the bill.  Does that work?

We're trying to figure out what would be helpful to you - making this process easier...  Maybe a search function?  A wizard step to find EOB?

Thanks!
    Support Team
View as RSS news feed in XML