Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Another Mileage Question

Last post 05-26-2008, 11:10 AM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-23-2008, 2:33 PM 1105

Another Mileage Question

I searched but probably just over looked it. I installed the plug-in for mileage expenses. I entered my mileage expenses as a related item to the office visit. Under reports if I click on the mileage report everything looks fine. If I run a Transaction Report or the Expense Register it shows the miles as the dollars of the expenses instead of the calculated rate. I entered 20 miles which show as $3.80 on the mileage report. Under the other two it shows as $20.00.
  •  05-26-2008, 11:10 AM 1111 in reply to 1105

Re: Another Mileage Question

Brian,

You're absolutely right about the default behavior for 'mileage' handling.

First, let me clarify that OpenHealth Service (OHS) Plug-ins do not affect the default behavior of the HealthFrame Explorer application.  In other words, the plug-ins may be designed to interpret data in a way that is above and beyond that of the default design.

This is the case for 'mileage'.  HealthFrame is treating 'mileage' as it would other dollar-based expenses such as co-pays, premiums, etc: it expects all expenses to be directly (without conversion or multipliers) monetary in nature (i.e. $ in US).  The OHS Plug-in is really designed for the purpose of tax-related calculations, as specified by the IRS.

What you want to do is to use the OHS plug-in for the medical mileage-related expenses (which is 'smart enough' to do the mileage to dollars multiplication) and to use the customization feature to filter out the mileage data from the built-in reports (see image below).

Thanks,
    Support Team

View as RSS news feed in XML