Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

How much information will it hold? For how long?

Last post 04-25-2008, 8:01 AM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-25-2008, 7:35 AM 1058

How much information will it hold? For how long?

I am very interested in purchasing your product, however, I have a few questions before I do.

First, how many profiles can I enter into the program?  Will I ever reach a maximum number of individual profiles I create?

Second, how much information will each profile hold?  Will I ever reach a maximum amount of information included in each profile?

Last, do I have to purge at any time?  Will it store for as long as I'd like, for example, will it hold 7 years worth of information for as many people as I want?

I am anxiously awaiting your response.

Thank you,
    Erica
  •  04-25-2008, 8:01 AM 1059 in reply to 1058

Re: How much information will it hold? For how long?

Hello, Erica.

Thank you for your interest in HealthFrame.

HealthFrame Explorer - Family Edition supports a household Personal Health Record (PHR) database of up to twelve different PHRs - or 'profiles', as you referred to them.  We believe this is sufficient for most household settings.  We offer a Professional Edition of HealthFrame which is used by individuals and organizations who manage PHRs on behalf of others, such as doctors, nurses, personal trainers, retirement homes, etc.  If you are interested in the Professional Edition, please contact us via email at info@RecordsForLiving.com

There is no program-imposed maximum amount of information per PHR.  There are however, computing limitations that will naturally impact your use of extremely large PHRs.  We have some users whose PHRs exceed 500MB.  Eventually, as with other programs, you will find that certain performance characteristics may diminish as the information you track gets extremely large. 

Typically, larger PHRs are the result of attaching a significant number of attachments, such as images, video, etc, directly to the PHR.  HealthFrame supports linking to externally stored data, including data stored in a hard disk.  If you expect you would like to track a significant number of attachments, we recommend that you consider creating folder(s) or choosing a separate storage solution where you store the attachments and then create links to that information.  Note that this is a trade-off decision.  When you link instead of directly attaching:
    • Your HealthFrame backups will not automatically back up the linked information.  You will need a separate backup procedure for the linked information.
    • The attachment information is only accessible if you can reach the storage location.  For instance, if you use your hard disk, then you can only get to those documents when you are using your computer.  A good alternative to consider is to host the attachment data in an accessible location such as xdrive and then create links from HealthFrame.
    • Finally, linked information will typically have a delay (latency) of access, which you don't see with the attached data.
    There is no time limit for how long you can retain your medical records.  Your considerations in this regard are with the volume/quantity of information you plan to store.  As a rule, if you track non-attachment data, you can almost store information "for ever" - since the storage demands are small.

Please let us know if you need additional information,
    Support Team
View as RSS news feed in XML