Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Schedules for recommended tests, etc.

Last post 02-29-2008, 10:24 AM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-18-2008, 11:59 AM 1005

Schedules for recommended tests, etc.

I have just recently started using HealthFrame, and so far it seems to meet much of our requirements.  However, it doesn't seem to offer the abilility to really manage preventative measures -screening, immunizations, etc.  I would like to have one place (a report would be fine) that would list all of the preventative 'stuff' that I need to do, such as Flu shots, DT shots, mammograms, routine physicals, etc.  I would like to put in the recommended period, preferably w/ some guidance from Libraires (e.g. 10 year DT injections, annual physicals (assuming over 50), etc.) and then have the program produce a report saying when was the last, when is the next, etc., with all of these in one place.  The calendar, although useful, isn't easy to use because of the narrow timeframe it displays. 

If this capability is there, a pointer to how to use it would be great.  If not, I would propose it for a future release.

Thanks.

•  02-29-2008, 10:24 AM 1007 in reply to 1005

Re: Schedules for recommended tests, etc.

Attachment: Treatment.pdf
    Gary,

Thank you for your suggestion!  This really is a great way to help users manage their preventive care activities.  We have forwarded your idea to our design/development team to see what they can come up with.

In the meantime, we have a way that may be of use to you, in keeping track of 'last' vs. 'next' preventive care activities (e.g. tests, check-ups, etc), as well as generating/printing reports:

• Create a new Treatment and call it something like "Preventive Care".  I added in the notes "Preventive Care Measures".
    • For each of the most recent activities you want to track 'last' (e.g. 'last check-up', 'last flu shot', etc) create a link in the Related Information section.
    • For each of the activities you'd like to schedule in the future, create a link to a new record (e.g. 'next check-up', 'next flu shot', etc).  These future events will show up in your calendar, btw.
    • Print the Treatment
    This of course is not as good as it could be...  Smile [:)]  The best way is to do something like what you were indicating, and specify categories of preventive measures (e.g. check-up visits, flu shots, etc) and have HealthFrame manage the 'last' vs. 'next' information.

It would also be nice if instead of actually creating future events as a place-holder, if HealthFrame was creating 'reminder' events and then alert you to create the appropriate appointments.

Please look at the attached report to see what it would look like.

Thanks again and we look forward to more of your feedback!
    Support Team

View as RSS news feed in XML