Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Bug in events date

Last post 01-14-2008, 11:04 AM by Records For Living Support. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-03-2008, 8:01 PM 923

Bug in events date

If I add an event of type "other", and then edit the link, the date shown will be wrong with the day and month digits reversed.  This may be due to the program not properly following Windows (Vista in my case) locale settings, as I use an international rather than US date convention.  (i.e. 27 Nov 2007, not 11/27/2008 which is wrong in most of the world.)

I would be happy to provide more information if desired. 

•  01-03-2008, 10:21 PM 927 in reply to 923

Re: Bug in events date

Attachment: Date.JPG
    Welcome to the HealthFrame user community forum, NatureDude!

We have tried reproducing the problem you reported.  We set our locale to the United Kingdom and set an event of type order with a date of November 27, 2008.  It seems that the format is showing the way you would want, i.e. 27 November, 2008 for the long date format and 27/11/2008 for the short date format.  (Please see attached image below).

Did we misunderstand where the problem was showing up?  Does the example shown behave differently in your machine?

Thanks for using HealthFrame and Happy New Year!
    Support Team

•  01-04-2008, 7:28 AM 929 in reply to 927

Try setting to short date format dd-MMM-yy and then edit a calendar event.  When I edit my event which is shown on March 10 on the calendar, the edit window shows it as 03-Oct-08.

I think you understand the problem correctly, but it is apparently quite specific as to settings.

By the way, the BP import function has a similar issue; it appear to demand dates in the formal mm-dd-yy regardless of the computer local setting.  These functions should respect the locale and accept the local format... 

Many Thanks!

•  01-06-2008, 1:01 PM 934 in reply to 929

Hello again and thank you for following up on the thread.

I did as you suggested, and changed the short date format to dd-MMM-yy and then added a calendar event.  HealthFrame behaved as I would have expected it to, in other words, the short date showed up as 10-Mar-08.  HealthFrame also accepted this format for input.  In other words, I clicked to create a new event and entered the date 07-Jan-08 and it properly created the event.  Is there some particular behavior you would have expected instead of what HealthFrame is already doing with the locale settings?  As far as I can tell, it seems to be behaving appropriately, but we may have missed something...

You are absolutely correct about the limitation with the blood pressure OHS Plug-in.   The plug-in was developed as an extension to HealthFrame and in response to a US customer's request in this user forum.  We will update the plug-in and notify folks in this forum when the update is available.  Thank you for this catch and we apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Team

•  01-14-2008, 7:53 AM 954 in reply to 934

Thank you for the prompt followup! Unfortunately, there is something different in my setup that will recreate the bug consistently. How can I post a screen capture to illustrate? I always receive an error when I upload the jpg under options.
  •  01-14-2008, 11:04 AM 961 in reply to 954

NatureDude,

Thank you for following up on this thread!  We apologize for the problem you ran into, posting a screen capture to the forum.  In the past, some of our users have experienced similar problems and in those cases, we simply ask that you just email us (support@recordsforliving.com) the image file and we can deal with the ideosynchracies of our forum software... Smile [:)] 

If the picture is not enough to help us identify the nature of the problem, we can always set up a web conference meeting with you, where you can directly show a member of our support staff what is going on in your own computer.

Thanks again for following up and we appreciate your patience,
    Support Team
View as RSS news feed in XML