Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Personal Information Image

Last post 08-08-2007, 11:58 PM by Records For Living Support. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-25-2007, 8:53 PM 818

Crying [:'(] Personal Information Image

New user - great product in so many ways!

Does HealthFrame have artificial intelligence?  I just tried to load a picture (image) on the Personal Information page.

Me thinks the software has an editorial opinion about my looks.  It permits me to "Load from file . . . ".  It even hold the picture . . . .  until I click "Save" or "OK".  Then it does away with me!

I have tried ,png, .gif, and .jpg formats, with resultant file size of about 8 KB.

How do I go about taming this beast?  Please advise, my entire week rides on your success!
  •  07-26-2007, 8:59 AM 821 in reply to 818

Re: Personal Information Image

Hi, Boatswain!  Welcome to the Forum!

Needless to say, HealthFrame has been coded with the latest and greatest advanced image recognition technology to make sure our users look their best on their posted pictures.  The software makes sure you've properly combed your hair, shaved or trimmed your beard, and in general, look good...  I'm sure there's help text to that effect somewhere on our documentation.Wink [;)]

Seriously though, we're sorry for the problems you've run into and we would like to help you figure out what's going on.  From your description, it seems you are taking the right steps to get this to work, but this is not an area where we've had any reports of user problems, so we'll need to figure out what's potentially unique about your system configuration.  This page uses an ActiveX control for the image display, so it is possible that you have some unique ActiveX configuration settings.

Please let me ask you a few questions that will help us figure out what's going on:

1. What operating system are you using?  What version of Internet Explorer do you have installed in your computer?
    2. Can you view the image that is posted on either of our sample personal health records (PHR)?  We ship two sample PHRs, you can try opening either of them.  If you deleted them after installing, you can still access them from the Help > Sample PHRs menu
    3. Assuming you can view the images on #2 above, can you save the image from the sample PHR to a local file, remove it from the personal information page, click OK and then reopen the page?  Of course, we hope the image would be missing at this point.
    4. Assuming you succeeded in step 3 above, try to load the image you saved from the sample PHR.  Did that work?
    5. Do you have any special security or virus checking software that you have installed in your computer?
    Please note that even if the answers to these questions do not help us figure out the problem you're running into, we can always get one of our support team members to help you using our web conferencing tools.

In the meantime, you can always try using pictures of some good-looking artists instead... Wink [;)]

We'll do our best to help you and thanks for taking this in good humor!
    Support Team
  •  07-26-2007, 6:09 PM 822 in reply to 821

• What operating system are you using?  What version of Internet Explorer do you have installed in your computer?
      • Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 with Service Pace 2
      • Running on: HP Presario V2630US, AMD Turion 64 Mobile, 1.794 MHz, 1.87 GB RAM 
      • Internet Explorer 7 - using FireFox as the default browser.  Last used IE 2/2/07
    • Can you view the image that is posted on either of our sample personal health records (PHR)?  We ship two sample PHRs, you can try opening either of them.  If you deleted them after installing, you can still access them from the Help > Sample PHRs menu.
        • The sample photos of Gonzales and Taylor display in the Manage PHR Repoitory screen, but not on their Personal Information screen.
    • Assuming you can view the images on #2 above, can you save the image from the sample PHR to a local file, remove it from the personal information page, click OK and then reopen the page?  Of course, we hope the image would be missing at this point.
      • Since there is no photo on the Personal Information screen (with Gonzales and Taylor) the images can not be saved. Tried to load my photo onto Gonzales page and it loads but does not allow for it to be saved.
    • Assuming you succeeded in step 3 above, try to load the image you saved from the sample PHR.  Did that work?
      • No luck.
    • Do you have any special security or virus checking software that you have installed in your computer?
      • Anti-Virus Software = AVG Anti-Virus
      • Windows Firewall with HealthFrame Explorer.exe and HealthFrame Viewer.exe identified as "Friend" (and we only met)!
    Even though taking you up on your offer of ". . .using our web conferencing tools"  feels like I have just been called to the  Crying [:'(] Principal's office, open to this option.  I tried your suggestion of loading a photo of " . . . some good-looking artist instead . . ." without success.  I even tried photos of of your grand and glorious leaders, Pringle & Pringle.  I wanted to treat the software with respect and consideration - therefor expecting the leaders images to be something familiar and calming to the renegade software.

Incidentally, I appreciated your quick response to yesterdays question.  Look forwared to working with you.

Regards,

Larry Schlosser (aka Boatswain)
    Voice: 800-654-1351
  •  07-26-2007, 11:20 PM 825 in reply to 822

Larry,

thank you for the prompt and detailed answers to our questions! 

It is a little puzzling why you were able to load an image - not save it -  (per your original posting) but not see the images that were already loaded in the sample PHRs.   It does however seem like the problem has to do with your system's handling of ActiveX controls - so, we're getting warmer...  Wink [;)]

I guess what remains to do is to set up a time to meet with the Principal... I mean for the web conference.  We tend to schedule them in the morning (EST) if we can.  Could you please email support@RecordsForLiving.com with three dates/times that would work for you, as well as the number we should use to contact you?

On a personal note, our founders are flattered that anyone would use their pictures - even if for debugging... Though they very much doubt any of our customers would consider using their pictures 'an improvement'...  Wink [;)]

In the meantime, if you feel so inclined, you may disconnect yourself from the internet and then, in turn, disable the Windows firewall and then the AVG virus software.  After disabling each, re-try HealthFrame.  This may be useful information in narrowing the possible causes for your problem.  Of course, once you're done with this testing, re-enable your software and re-connect to the internet...

Thanks for your patience!
    Support Team
  •  08-08-2007, 11:46 PM 833 in reply to 825

Posted on behalf of Larry - he ran into some problems posting his reply to the site and emailed us directly:

Dear Support (Team):

[Note: I attempted to Post this in the Community Forum - thread 829 but it has not shown up yet - so here is the backup.]

I have been so worried about my picture not being in my PHR that I had to take a vacation. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you regarding the whooping from the Principal (web conference) I need.

Being the high powered executive that I am, and your stated preference ("We tend to schedule them in the morning . . .") I have consulted my appointment secretary who grudgingly informs me that I can squeeze in said conference (whooping) any weekday morning up until (but not including, of course) Thursday (Aug. 16).

While we are doing some diagnosis here, I have run into another vexing "bug" that may tip us off to the "no picture in the PHR" disaster.  To whit, when I try and use the Journal feature, it slaps me back with an "Internet Explorer Script Error"  See Example Click here . .  (Incidentally, I am using Firefox - the only civilized approached)

Conclusion seems to be that my copy of HealthFrame Explorer thinks that it has not been "Registered", or as we say here in the "South" -  bona-fide. :-(  Question: Do both the PHR picture function and the Journal Library(s) only come to full functionally after "Registration" ?  I direct your attention to the bottom part of the Example Click here . .   Not to worry - Fig Leaves are properly and strategically attached.  See I really did register it, even let it call home and talk to the Server.

The best phone number to reach me for this event only is <SUPPRESSED>.  This line has no Voice Mail" or any of the other neat features, as a result it is the clearest line.

Thanks for your efforts in solving this "most hideous and embarrassing of problems"

Regards,
    Larry

•  08-08-2007, 11:58 PM 834 in reply to 833

Larry,

First of all sorry for the problems you ran into posting to the Community Forum.  We're glad you've sent us a follow-up email, as we're always happy to help folks post their questions on their behalf.

We're sorry that problems with your PHR have "driven" you to take a vacation!  Hopefully you had a great time, otherwise, please note that I am instructed by our legal team not to accept any responsibility for lost luggage, delayed flights, or any other inconveniences while vacationing... Wink [;)]  Our marketing department on the other hand, thinks there may be an opportunity for a "positive spin".  Wink [;)]

Your problem with the Journal entry does seem to help with identifying the source of your problem.  It now seems more likely that the problem you're experiencing is related to your system's ability to run ActiveX controls.  We will be sending you a separate, private email confirming our scheduled web conference call.

In closing, I have to say your "fig leaves" comment had me laughing pretty hard.  Smile [:)]

Thanks for your patience and we look forward to helping you with the problems you are experiencing.

Support Team
View as RSS news feed in XML