Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Medications Link

Last post 04-02-2007, 10:17 PM by Esther625. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-24-2007, 2:26 AM 620

Medications Link

Hi, I'm new to the forum and HealthFrame. One of the most powerful features of the application is the ability to link items. However, it seems to me that there is no ability to link a medication to a pharmacy. It seems like a natural association. Since I have meds at several pharmacies, I would like to be able to do this. Am I missing something?
  •  02-25-2007, 9:45 AM 621 in reply to 620

Re: Medications Link

Attachment: PharmacyJournal.PNG

William,

Welcome to HealthFrame and to our user Forum!

Cross-information linking is indeed a powerful feature of HealthFrame.  Unfortunatelly as you pointed out the 2.x release does not support linking medications to pharmacies.

Though it's a natural assocation - as you point out - it is also an association that is part of a much more intricate and detailed process dealing with medications/prescriptions, pill management and refills, in general.  We have spent a fair amount of time thinking about the best way to manage prescriptions in HealthFrame and our next major version should reflect those improvements.  To give you an idea of some of the 'details' we'd like to handle, they include things like reminders to refill or get a new prescription; supporting switching where you get your medications filled (transferring prescriptions across pharmacies, etc); figuring out from the frequency of the medication, how many pills are remaining, etc.

In the meantime, there is a work-around for version 2.x that you can use and which would allow us to help you with a conversion for the next major version.  Simply create a Journal for the pharmacy(ies) where you fill your medications.  Then for each medication that you fill at that pharmacy, create a link to the Journal.  Your journal should look something like the picture below.

Thanks for bringing this up and please let us know areas where you have suggestions for further improvement.

Support Team

Records For Living

•  03-02-2007, 1:54 PM 635 in reply to 621

Thanks for your quick response. When do you expect to release v 3.0? I know this is a question that frequently can't be answered, but if you can give me an approximate time frame, I'd appreciate it.
  •  03-02-2007, 4:14 PM 636 in reply to 635

You are right that this is a question that 'frequently cannot be answered'...

HealthFrame v.2.1 (which could have easily been a 'major' release, given all the enhancements that it included: OpenHealth Service Plug-ins, expense management, additional graphs, iPod synchronization, etc) was just released October 2006.

The 'major' release cycles tend to be 12-18 months apart - no guarantees... 

We have great plans for HealthFrame 3.0 at this point - thanks to all our users who contribute to this forum with their experiences and suggestions!

Finally - though it is probably too early - note that we have an extensive testing cycle, including a many-months beta customer program.  (Our beta testers are common contributors to this forum!)  Anyone who's interested in joining the beta program (and getting 'sneak peak' previews) should contact Records For Living (support@RecordsForLiving.com).

Thanks again for your interest!

Support Team

•  04-02-2007, 10:17 PM 646 in reply to 636

Oh, my!  This may be an issue for me. 

What I have been doing to creating a "Visit" to the local pharmacy as well as for the mail order pharmacy.  I put the "Visit Type" as "Prescriptions". Under this "Visit", I add an "Expense" for "Mileage" (as applicable for local).

I then "Link" to the Medication(s) for this particular "Visit".  After that, I add an "Expense" for each prescription co-pay, and the "Expense Type" is "Rx Co-Pay".

The "Expense Detail" page would look something like this for the round-trip mileage to drop off the prescription:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Date:     03/02/07                        Amount:      5.00

Pay To:    CVS - Minocycline

Memo:     Drop off prescription to pick up later.

Type:       Mileage

---------------------------------------------------------------------

And then the "Expense Detail" page would look something like this for the Prescription Co-Pay Expense:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Date:     03/02/07                        Amount:      7.98

Pay To:    CVS - Minocycline - 8885551 00 (showing the Rx Number)

Memo:    My Prescription Co-Pay

Type:       Rx Co-Pay

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a better way to handle this?

Many thanks!

View as RSS news feed in XML