Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

PHR Software compatibility with my primary care providers Chartware Software

Last post 12-20-2006, 9:01 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-20-2006, 6:54 PM 571

PHR Software compatibility with my primary care providers Chartware Software

Hello,

My primary care provider uses ChartWare® Professional in her office practice. This software uses XML (eXtensible Markup Language) and is compatible with the HL7 Standard. I have over twenty years of medical records for myself and my family. Since it would be cost prohibitive for my primary care provider to transfer this data to her office software. I would like to purchase my own PHR software and transfer the data myself.

I would like to know if your software has interoperability with other systems and meets the standards for EMR's being formulated by the government and industry? Specifically is it compatible with the Chartware software.

Rgds,

Andrew
  •  12-20-2006, 9:01 PM 572 in reply to 571

Re: PHR Software compatibility with my primary care providers Chartware Software

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your interest in HealthFrame.

HealthFrame has extensive support for XML and XML-based technologies (XSLT, SOAP,  etc) and in particular, it supports the ASTM Continuity of Care Record (CCR) industry standard. 

Please note that the wikipedia link you provided lists the following description for the CCR standard: ASTM International Continuity of Care Record - a patient health summary standard based upon XML, the CCR can be created, read and interpreted by various EHR or EMR systems, allowing easy interoperability between otherwise disparate enities.

We are not familiar enough with the ChartWare software to be able to provide instructions on how your PCP can generate a CCR record and share it with you.  We will contact ChartWare independently and if we obtain that information we will post it to this thread.

Assuming your doctor can generate the CCR XML for your clinical records, using ChartWare, you should be able to import your record into HealthFrame by simply using the File/Import menu.  Note that HealthFrame has advanced merging capabilities which can be extremely useful when you get updates from your doctor.

Thanks again for your interest and we hope that you can get your electronic records from your doctor.  If so, please let us know of your experience importing into HealthFrame.

Thanks and Happy Holidays,
    Support Team

View as RSS news feed in XML