Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Suggestion - Enhancement - Entering Medications

Last post 06-13-2006, 7:08 AM by Dick Davis. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-11-2006, 11:43 AM 330

Suggestion - Enhancement - Entering Medications

When a medication is to be taken for a long period of time, would it be an enhancement to “duplicate” the entry and then just change the start date, end date, and refills when the medication has refills?

When a new prescription for the same medication is written after the number of refills has been exhausted, then the duplication would carry forward the majority of the information again – the only differences/new information would be, in most case, the start date, end date, Rx# and the refills and changes in the notes and instructions (which these two are unlikely).

•  06-12-2006, 10:47 PM 349 in reply to 330

Re: Suggestion - Enhancement - Entering Medications

We have considered copying and pasting of 'record entries', e.g. medication, test, etc.  We may still add some such generic duplication support for future releases.

Medication handling may be an area where we develop specialized module for pill management.  There are a number of different features we can design/develop as part of enhancements to medication/pill management (fulfillment, re-fills, reminders, etc).

Thanks,

Support Team

•  06-13-2006, 7:08 AM 353 in reply to 349

Re: V2.0.2 - FDD Suggestion - Enhancement - Entering Medications

yes, I can see these features would be of value to me, as then they could be placed on the calendar as items when the quantity and the frequency is known. I also understand that the design flow here requires additional logic and though as to what is common, and what is a more specialized to the individual usage.
    *** Davis
View as RSS news feed in XML