Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

IPAD Application

Last post 01-02-2011, 2:02 PM by Records For Living Support. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-01-2011, 12:24 AM 1618

IPAD Application

Please develop an IPAD application allowing inport and update of personal medical data. Include doctor visit
    regards
    Ron Weddle
  •  01-01-2011, 3:01 PM 1619 in reply to 1618

Re: IPAD Application

Ron, I heartily second this suggestion. In fact, to me this is the 'holy grail' of Personal Health Records. We Consumers need an easily portable device to carry with us as we interact with the Health System. The beauty of HealthFrame is consolidating and organizing all our health information, and we need this with us, in its entirety, when we visit our health providers, insurers, etc.

We will never have our desktop personal computers with us away from home. So I worry; if HealthFrame remains solely a desktop product, it will be replaced by 1) tablet-based software, and/or 2) 'cloud-based' PHR products. You and I read media stories of Doctors who now carry tablets with our health histories right in front of them. When will we health Consumers be able to carry the same thing?

My wife and I currently are almost full-timers living in a motorhome moving around the country. We need our medical histories with us wherever we are in case of need; we cannot count on being close to our 'regular' health providers who still control most of our health records. And I cannot carry my PC to the doctors' office. An iPad-based HealthFrame (with also access via the 'cloud' via any browser) could be a wonderful (and profitable?) product in my opinion. I would pay for online storage/backup, if it resolved the pieces missing today with current PHR products.

What do other HealthFrame Users think? Do you find printed reports from HealthFrame adequate when you visit your health providers?
  •  01-02-2011, 12:03 AM 1620 in reply to 1619

Thanks for the support. I purchased an IPAD for my Xmas this year and they have an application already available. It is listed as MyMedical and sells for $2.99 and offers a web site to load the data and then upload. I do not believe it is as comprehensive as Healthframe.
  •  01-02-2011, 2:02 PM 1621 in reply to 1618

Right now - our focus at Records For Living is finishing up the HealthFrame v3 release.

Once that is completed, we do have plans to introduce more 'web-based' solutions - allowing patients to store their records in a distributed fashion. In fact -much of that functionality is already in the HealthFrame v3 code base.

We have long considered doing smart-phone-based versions of HealthFrame (iPhone or windows mobile, or android) - but the challenge with this has been the small screen size. That small screen size makes it very hard to provide a very useful - non-trivial medical record application.

The iPad for factor is more practical (because of its screen size) - and we will more seriously consider developing a solution for that platform. However - due to our focus on HealthFrame v3 - an iPad solution is at least a year away (perhaps more).

I encourage you to look for other solutions which provide interoperability with standard medical record formats, such as CCR. These will work fine with HealthFrame - sharing data.

Please do keep us informed with what you find, and your level of interest. After HealthFrame v3 ships, this is a likely area of exploration for us.

Records For Living Support Team.

View as RSS news feed in XML