Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Medications Summary

Last post 06-17-2009, 1:46 PM by Jadian. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-03-2009, 2:26 PM 1357

Medications Summary

On the Medical History Summary report, the discontinued meds have the reason they were discontinued.  I can't find a way to print the same information on the Medications Summary... am I missing it?  In the mean time I'll just use the first two pages of the Medical History Summary, even though the Medications Summary is easier to read.

ALSO, why do I lose the shaded backgrounds even when I print to a color printer?  Again, am I missing something?

I really enjoy your program and the more I use it the more I find things I can do with it.  I'm looking forward to more improvements in the future, particularly, in the speed of data entry.  Put me down for purchasing an upgrade when it's ready.

J.D.
  •  06-07-2009, 9:57 PM 1362 in reply to 1357

Re: Medications Summary

J.D.,

Thank you for your feedback!

We're sorry about the issue with the Medications Summary not displaying the reason why medications were discontinued.  The reason is unfortunately somewhat involved - and not particularly helpful to your needs.  HealthFrame generates the Medications Summary by first generating an ASTM Continuity of Care Record (CCR) export.  CCR is an industry standard specification, i.e. not a specification that is owned by Records for Living.  Unfortunately, at this point the CCR does not specify a way to capture reason for discontinuing a medication, hence the report does not provide that information.  For future releases, our engineers will work on a different mechanism to enhance the report and provide this information.  Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

As to the issue with printing, it is possible that it is an issue with the print driver.  To be sure, would it be possible for you to use one of the samples we ship with HealthFrame and "print to PDF"?  How does the generated pdf look - did you lose the shaded backgrounds?

Thanks for using HealthFrame and please let us know if you have additional questions or suggestions,
    Support Team
  •  06-08-2009, 10:11 PM 1367 in reply to 1357

Hello Jadian. You may have already figured this out but you have the ability while in the Medical History Summary to select the shading under the Custumization options at the top of the screen. It's the little box with a line through [-] that is next to the Help [?] box at the top right of the screen. Move to the word Show. I am using v 2.1.10. Also, there is no Custumization option for shading in the Medications Summary screen.
  •  06-16-2009, 5:50 PM 1384 in reply to 1357

I think I confused issues by switching subjects in mid-stream.  I worked around the Medications Summary limitation by customizing the Medical History Summary to just show medications.

Here's what I have learned so far:

I see that I can turn the shading on and off under the customization.  The reports on the screen look great with the shading, but when I click <PRINT>, it prints a plain report with no shading.  I've tried this with several PHR's, including the test ones, and on several different computers and several different printers.  Even when I print directly to a PDF driver, the resulting PDF file does not have the shading. 

On the CCR Summary there is a button that says <Open Report> that opens the file in my browser.  It prints correctly from my browser, but not from the <Print> button.  The Medical History Summary does not have the <Open Report> button.  Is there a "shortcut" to open the Medical History Summary in this manner? 

Can someone please verify that you get colored background shading when you press <Print> on either the CCR or Medical History Summary?

Thanks for your help.

J.D.
  •  06-16-2009, 10:28 PM 1385 in reply to 1384

Jadian,

When I print the MHS, it does print with the shading. Now, I did not print the CCR but on-screen it has no shading except for some items in blue in the body and a yellow bar at the very top area. My shading is yellow and gray on the MHS, is that what you have on-screen? I need to play with this some more.
  •  06-17-2009, 1:46 PM 1390 in reply to 1385

Thanks for verifying this.  Something MUST be askew on my end.  The CCR only has shading on some of the test panels and they print correctly if I <Open Report> and then print.

I'll continue to investigate why I'm not getting the shading on the MHS.

Thanks,

J.D.
View as RSS news feed in XML