Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Data file location and feature suggestion

Last post 05-22-2009, 6:33 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-29-2009, 4:31 PM 1326

Data file location and feature suggestion

Am I correct in my belief that the PHR is stored on the local computer? Under windows, the default file storage directory appears to be C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Records For Living, Inc\HealthFrame Explorer (2.0)\Repository. Is it possible to change the file location - I would like the PHRs to be on my server.

Future enhancement suggestion:
    Part of the value of the EMR is having all related information in one place. As such, it is 'necessary' to scan certain information provided by physicians so it can be associated with a visit. You may wish to consider adding a native scanning, and basic editing, capability to this package.

•  05-22-2009, 6:33 PM 1332 in reply to 1326

Re: Data file location and feature suggestion

By default, the HealthFrame Explorer application stores its databases in the folder you listed.  However, you have a couple of alternatives for storing PHRs on a centralized server:
    • Use the backup/restore feature to save PHR backups to the server.  This type of use would be similar to saving files to a central server - using "open/save as" functionality.  Unfortunately, in the current version there is no way to 'change' the default database storage location.
    • Use a web server that supports the PHR exchange web service.  This is a published web service specification and is supported by the HealthFrameWorks Server.
    Files can be scanned and attached to the PHR in any section that supports "Related Information".  Once scanned, the actual scanned image cannot be directly edited, however you may consider editing the containing PHR section with the appropriate annotations, e.g. visit record.

Support Team
View as RSS news feed in XML