Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

GPeg

Last post 05-08-2008, 9:29 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-08-2008, 9:26 PM 1075

GPeg

People,

I'm "learning" my way through the program and like it very much - but a lot more to learn.

Question: My wife is on a GPeg but there is no GPeg in the Sig. A GPeg (Gastro) is a tube into her stomach through which we administer all Meds and Feedings. I checked off "Oral" since I had to finish each RX format but that is wrong.

Can I alter the program to add a GPeg selection. There is no space for "other." This is very important if I am going to give a copy of Health Frame to providers. You'd be surprised how many errors have been made already.

•  05-08-2008, 9:29 PM 1076 in reply to 1075

Re: GPeg

HealthFrame has a standard pattern for allowing users to extend the values that are listed by default for most of the drop down lists.  If you scroll to the bottom of the drop down list for Medication Route, you should see an ellipsis (...).  If you select it, a new text field will show up where you can enter the appropriate data (image below).

Also, we have done some research on the industry recommended code associated with GPeg and it seems GTT (gastronomy tube) is the most appropriate code that should be associated with this route.  In our sample above, we entered the name as well as the abbreviation.  If you follow this convention, the medication route will be displayed in the summary reports in a fashion that is in a format familiar to the medical staff.

Thank you for using HealthFrame and please let us know if we can be of further assistance,
    Support Team
View as RSS news feed in XML