Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Window Size

Last post 04-16-2008, 3:40 PM by WilliamP. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-10-2008, 11:37 AM 1037

Window Size

I want to open HealthFrame in a sizable window. As it stands now, the program always starts with a maximized window with a smaller window asking for file to open. If I open my PHR a new window appears. If I size that window and then close the program, when I then open the program again, I am presented with the maximized window and the smaller window asking for which PHR. I cannot find a way to size the background window so that the program will always start with a sizeable window.

I hope that the question is not too confusing. Please advise.
  •  04-10-2008, 10:33 PM 1040 in reply to 1037

Re: Window Size

Attachment: ScreenResolution.PNG
    Hello, William!

Do you know what your screen resolution is?  (Please see image below for Control Panel/Display option to find out your screen resolution).

The reason I ask, is because HealthFrame currently has a screen sizing algorithm that is designed to optimize the display of information, given the screen availability.  If you have 'low resolution', i.e. lower than 1024x768, HealthFrame is not sure if there is enough room, so it maximizes.

There may be some ways that we can improve this algorithm, so we're passing your question along to the development team.  In the meantime, if you can comfortably read your screen in higher resolution, you may consider changing your settings.

Thank you for using HealthFrame,
    Support Team

•  04-10-2008, 11:16 PM 1041 in reply to 1040

Hi,
    Thanks for the quick response. My resolution is 1280x800 so that doesn't seem to be the problem.The initial background screen can't be resized because the small window that asks for the PHR has the focus and cannot be dismissed to enable changing the background window. Give it a try. I think it is the way that the app is programmed. I don't think the program should automatically maximize windows. In my case it obliterates another desktop display that is present on the desktop.
  •  04-15-2008, 9:21 PM 1049 in reply to 1041

Thanks for getting back to us with your screen resolution.  I double-checked with the development team and you're absolutely right that the resolution is not the determining factor.  It seems the code attempts to optimize the screen utilization taking into account information such as the screen resolution but also screen size.  When the application background window is maximized, it is a result of this algorithm deciding that it would otherwise not have enough room to display HealthFrame's pages.

You're also right that the dialog box (small window) that comes up asking for you to select the desired personal health record is the reason you cannot initially resize the background window.  You need to select the personal health record first, click OK - which closes the dialog box - and then you can resize the window.

At any rate, we believe we understand and appreciate your suggestion that the background window should not be maximized, hiding other windows.  Our development team will consider how to either improve the optimization algorithm and/or other mechanisms that provide users some options.

Thanks!
    Support Team
  •  04-16-2008, 3:40 PM 1050 in reply to 1049

Thanks.
View as RSS news feed in XML