Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Temperamental Refills v2.6.1

Last post 07-24-2007, 11:00 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-17-2007, 9:42 PM 805

Temperamental Refills v2.6.1

FYI.  Entering Medication data in the Prescription>Refills field is somewhat restrictive. I entered 3.67 from the prescription information sheet and clicked Save. An error message: “Validation failure saving page contents”

‘That change cannot be made: the ‘refills’ field must be non-negative integer (or blank).’.  So I tried 3.0 and got the same message. Only the single digit ‘3’ was accepted.

You may ask where the quantity 3.67 refills came from. Well, the pharmacy called the doctor for a new Rx. The doctor knew I do mail order(mostly) and provided an Rx for quantity 90 for 90 days with 3 refills. The agreement between the HMO and the pharmacy is the pharmacy can only issue a 30 day supply. Doing the math there’s the 3 refills plus 60 of the 90 (0.67) of the first fill remaining. Total 3.67 refills.

Also look back at Posts 724, 731, 750 and 753 for the discussion on Pharmacy Record Suggestions.

robert
  •  07-24-2007, 11:00 PM 816 in reply to 805

Re: Temperamental Refills v2.6.1

Robert,

partial refills are becoming more common: at times because of insurance-related constraints and at times because the pharmacy may not actually have enough medication to fill your prescription.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention: our development team will work to remove this restriction on HealthFrame.

How does the information get represented on your medication bottle, by the way?  Does the pharmacy use the 3.67 convention you use or do they come up with a different mechanism to track it - e.g. tracking # pills instead of refill #?

For now, you may consider tracking the 'whole' number of refills that remain (i.e. '3') and track in your notes the fact that you still have 2/3rds remaining.  Repeat the '3' for the next couple of refills, but change the notes.

Thanks!
    Support Team
View as RSS news feed in XML