Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Question/Suggestion on ‘Organizations’ v2.1.6

Last post 07-17-2007, 11:23 PM by Records For Living Support. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-31-2007, 1:42 PM 723

Question/Suggestion on ‘Organizations’ v2.1.6

1. When in >Home>Providers>Organizations>Provider Organizations(xxx Hospital), isn’t the “>Provider Organizations” redundant to the “>Providers>Organizations” heading that proceeds it and may be unnecessary?

2. Living in an area for any length of time like most of us do, we frequent the same hospital, clinic, etc. Under >Providers>Organizations the “More Information” link provides only one Start Date and End Date entry. Suggestion: add the + (plus sign) and X (delete) buttons to the Start and End Dates lineup to easily record all visit / stay dates at that facility, rather than leaving the End Date open.

Currently “Encounters>Visits” only allows for a one date entry, which is insufficient to record a stay longer than one day as an out patient.

robert
  •  06-12-2007, 9:03 PM 730 in reply to 723

Re: Question/Suggestion on ‘Organizations’ v2.1.6

Robert,

Thanks for your great feedback!

1. You're right that it seems a bit redundant, but the idea was to create a 'bread crumb' that takes you from "Home", to the first level of the hierarchy (Health, Encounters, Reports, etc), to the second - more specific level and finally to the specific record. I suppose we could remove the 'type' of the record, so it might read like:

Home > Providers > Organizations> Local Hospital
    Home > Encounters > Visits > 06/12/2007
    Home > Health > Tests > Blood Pressure Panel

instead of

Home > Providers > Organizations> Provider Organization(Local Hospital)
    Home > Encounters > Visits > Visit (06/12/2007)
    Home > Health > Tests > Test (Blood Pressure Panel)

I'll pass that along to the development team, but were you concerned because you were running out of screen space?

2. There are a couple of points to be made about this comment:

- There is currently, as you point out, a limitation with visits with regards to 'end date' - important for hospitalizations. This is a data model limitation and we hope to fix it in our future major release. (All data model changes tend to occur in major releases for record compatibility reasons).

- With the current release, you cannot link to Providers - if you coud, you'd be able to get the date range you are looking for, perhaps simply by viewing the list of visits (and their corresponding date/date ranges).

Thanks again,
    Support Team
  •  07-12-2007, 11:45 PM 799 in reply to 730

I re-read Post 730 reply to post 723. Sorry I neglected to respond to >>”… were you concerned because you were running out of screen space?”. The repetition was the point being stressed.

After re-reading I was also uncertain whether the suggestion of including more than one ‘Start Date’ and ‘End Date’ fields under Provider>Organizations>More Information was taken into account.  This came to mind while pondering the Start and End dates for three hospital Visits, two with extended stays and one outpatient. The current choices are:

1. Enter a Start Date of the first event and leave the End Date open. Problem -Technically the hospital isn’t “Active”.
    2. Enter a Start Date of the first Visit and enter the End Date of the third Visit. Problem – this doesn’t  provide a true record of the three separate visits, but the Organization is Inactive as it should be.
    3. Enter the Start Date and End Date for the first Visit, create a new record for the same Organization with start and end dates of the second visit, and one more record for the third visit. Ah, technically correct.

What actually got me (re)started on this item is to bring up another thought to go with adding the + (plus sign) and X (delete) buttons to the Start and End Dates lineup from Post 723. The current layout has a Note field under the Start Date and End Date fields. Continuing that grouping with each new set of dates would be beneficial.

One other observation that I only see with one Organization and that’s the hospital – under Contact Information I have five telephone and one Fax numbers that fill about 40% of the working space. A button to ‘hide’ the Contact Information items would do the trick.

robert
  •  07-17-2007, 11:23 PM 808 in reply to 799

Thanks for clarifying post 730.

The date issue for Organizations is interesting.  Note that we almost 'hide' the start/end dates in the 'More Information' section.  Originally, this was meant to allow for both tracking historical provider information as well as filter out organizations from drop-down pick lists.

The thing though is that the event-driven association of organization providers is probably better tracked at the visit level (per hospitalization and/or outpatient care, etc).  Each of those events has its own start/end dates and register the association to the organization provider.  Your suggestion is interesting, but I wonder if that wouldn't lead to repetitive data entry by HealthFrame users?

I'll pass along the suggestion to support collapsing/hiding the Contact Information - as we support for 'More Information' and 'Member Providers' on that page.

Thanks!
    Support Team
View as RSS news feed in XML