Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Multiple questions about HealthFrame

Last post 06-14-2007, 9:56 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-14-2007, 8:34 AM 736

Multiple questions about HealthFrame

I need to know:

1)       Is this a subscription service?

a.       If not, how are software upgrades handled?

b.      If it is not upgraded online as part of a subscription, Can I purchase a download and order a CD for backup without paying double?

2)       How do you distribute the reader of the files that your software creates? 

a.       It appears to create a file of a proprietary nature that requires your reader.  How does that help me make my medical records available to a health care provider, unless it is by paper?

b.      Your web site discusses IT standards for PHR’s How do I find out if my providers use that same standard?

3)       I am about to pay another service to collect my records from the various healthcare providers I have used over the last few years, collate and organize them, and supply me the entire thing in a digital format.  How do I ask them if that product that they prepare for me is consistent with the standards you discuss for medical IT services?

4)       Your web site suggests that I can attach electronic copies of reports to personal record in your software application.  Can you tell me if the application creates a file or full copy of the original file and stores it in the data file for the application, thus available to your reader; or does it simply link to the file that I have stored in a separate location?

a.       As part of the same question – if the application saves its’ own copy, then I should be able to use the CD with my records on it to save those records in the application in the appropriate places and then remove the original CD without storing anything on my hard drive except your data file.  After that all of the records that I saved would then be available simply by using your application without the original CD that has my old records on it.  Do I understand that correctly?

5)       Does the application use any kind of password protection or encryption to prevent “visiting” users from accessing the application with family records on it?  Or for that matter to prevent children from altering records?

6)       Do the IT standards make it possible to provide an electronic file to a provider, who can then read it or store it for their later use?

a.       If so, how much control do I have over how much data is included in that file that I provide to them?  e.g. Can I provide them parts of a particular diary or one diary and not another?  (..I understand that I may well have misunderstood the product description, that gave me the idea that I could keep more than one health diary simultaneously)

7)       Is the trial download the full family version?

8)       Can I assume that if I download the trial version and enter data, that I will be able to preserve that data and transfer it to the full version upon purchase? 

a.       Is the trial version a full version with a crippleware applet that is removed with a key, or will I be loading two different applications?

9)       Is your organization in any way related to LifeAccount?

a.       Do you know if the product produced by LifeAccount is compatible with your Health Frame product?

•  06-14-2007, 9:56 PM 738 in reply to 736

Re: Multiple questions about HealthFrame

In an attempt to keep the reply to this question relatively small, we have broken up parts of the response into multiple postings.  Please follow the links below each question:

1)       Is this a subscription service?

a.       If not, how are software upgrades handled?

b.      If it is not upgraded online as part of a subscription, Can I purchase a download and order a CD for backup without paying double?

http://community.recordsforliving.com/forums/thread/737.aspx

2)       How do you distribute the reader of the files that your software creates? 

a.       It appears to create a file of a proprietary nature that requires your reader.  How does that help me make my medical records available to a health care provider, unless it is by paper?

b.      Your web site discusses IT standards for PHR’s How do I find out if my providers use that same standard?

http://community.recordsforliving.com/forums/thread/739.aspx

3)       I am about to pay another service to collect my records from the various healthcare providers I have used over the last few years, collate and organize them, and supply me the entire thing in a digital format.  How do I ask them if that product that they prepare for me is consistent with the standards you discuss for medical IT services?

http://community.recordsforliving.com/forums/thread/740.aspx 

4)       Your web site suggests that I can attach electronic copies of reports to personal record in your software application.  Can you tell me if the application creates a file or full copy of the original file and stores it in the data file for the application, thus available to your reader; or does it simply link to the file that I have stored in a separate location?

a.       As part of the same question – if the application saves its’ own copy, then I should be able to use the CD with my records on it to save those records in the application in the appropriate places and then remove the original CD without storing anything on my hard drive except your data file.  After that all of the records that I saved would then be available simply by using your application without the original CD that has my old records on it.  Do I understand that correctly?

http://community.recordsforliving.com/forums/thread/741.aspx

5)       Does the application use any kind of password protection or encryption to prevent “visiting” users from accessing the application with family records on it?  Or for that matter to prevent children from altering records?

http://community.recordsforliving.com/forums/thread/742.aspx

6)       Do the IT standards make it possible to provide an electronic file to a provider, who can then read it or store it for their later use?

a.       If so, how much control do I have over how much data is included in that file that I provide to them?  e.g. Can I provide them parts of a particular diary or one diary and not another?  (..I understand that I may well have misunderstood the product description, that gave me the idea that I could keep more than one health diary simultaneously)

http://community.recordsforliving.com/forums/thread/743.aspx

7)       Is the trial download the full family version?

Yes the evaluation download is a time-limited version of the fully functional HealthFrame Family Edition.

8)       Can I assume that if I download the trial version and enter data, that I will be able to preserve that data and transfer it to the full version upon purchase?

Yes all of your data is preserved when you purchase HealthFrame.

a.       Is the trial version a full version with a crippleware applet that is removed with a key, or will I be loading two different applications?

You load a single application and the license key removes the time usage limitation.

9)       Is your organization in any way related to LifeAccount?

a.       Do you know if the product produced by LifeAccount is compatible with your Health Frame product?

From looking at their website, LifeAccount does not seem to produce a machine processable personal health record.  Their site does not mention the use of any industry standard, but rather seems to provide a collection of various medical documents.  This may possibly be a very useful service, but it sounds like patients would still need to do some work to import into a management system.

View as RSS news feed in XML