Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Records For Living Upgrade to Version 3.0

Last post 03-02-2016, 11:32 PM by Faithful. 11 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-18-2015, 8:05 PM 1731

Records For Living Upgrade to Version 3.0

For several years we subscribers have waited for Version 3.0. Please provide a full and accurate update of the progress and date of availability for version 3.0 and the exact cost of the upgrade. Records for Living owes this information to it's subscribers.
    robert
  •  10-19-2015, 11:05 AM 1732 in reply to 1731

Re: Records For Living Upgrade to Version 3.0

Tough, but fair ;-)

I'm very sorry. I work on LOTS of projects. Its something of a mental defect with me. My mind/attention wanders. I've actually really improved HealthFrame ALOT for v3. Some of you have already tried beta builds (more than a year ago) and know this to be the case.

But releasing a product requires alot of dull, dry boring testing. Its just been hard to get myself psyched up for that. That's no excuse. Its really childish and selfish. I'm sorry.

I will try to get this finished, and rolled out in the next month or two. Please do scream and nag as often as you see fit. This is totally on me....

I hope you will be happy enough with HealthFrame v3, enough to make it worth the wait ;-)

•  11-02-2015, 8:31 PM 1735 in reply to 1732

I know the feeling. The greatest minds sometimes avoid the dull and boring parts of their work. It would be nice if you could hire somebody to do those things. Beta testing results are not always the best way to test if you are trying to rollout a product free of defects, but it does help. We who use your product are looking forward to your changes. You were ahead of other companies when it comes to medical software. There are many important projects on the horizon regarding medical technology. Don't stress to much or you will be the one with a large HealthFrame database.

Thanks!
    Greg...
  •  11-02-2015, 10:45 PM 1738 in reply to 1735

Thanks again!

I will make a point of pushing the ball forward this weekend, and hopefully get something out the door soon.

•  11-16-2015, 7:25 PM 1742 in reply to 1738

I look forward to the new release soon!
    I have been a loyal user since 2007!
  •  12-08-2015, 2:41 PM 1743 in reply to 1732

I would like to purchase Healthframe but if by some chance you come out with the update sooner than later will I have to purchase it again.
  •  12-08-2015, 8:09 PM 1744 in reply to 1743

We have no specific thought out upgrade policy, but are generally reasonable, and I will consider this when the release is actually ready.
  •  02-12-2016, 3:24 PM 1745 in reply to 1732

May I "nag" for a current update on the release of Version 3.0? You mentioned testing. Seemingly, version 3.0 is real close to being released. I'm willing and I believe there are others willing to use a beta version wanting and expecting to find the bugs you are looking for. Beta testers are very common even with gigabyte operating systems... I know for a fact that Apple does it before they upgrade. Bugs are common in software too... and resolved with updates. Is the receipt and evaluation of the beta response emails less efficient than that "dull, dry boring testing? Please consider letting us help find the bugs using real life data and finalize the launching of Version 3.0.
    robert
  •  02-29-2016, 12:00 PM 1748 in reply to 1731

Good news. Software development is done.

The final beta release has been sent out.

HealthFrame v3 will be released in April 2016.

http://www.recordsforliving.com/HealthFrame/HealthFrame_v3.aspx

Pricing (and other business type issues and help files) are NOT completed yet (which is a big part of why the delay til April).

But the software is ready.

•  03-02-2016, 9:10 AM 1749 in reply to 1744

support@RecordsForLiving.com:
    We have no specific thought out upgrade policy, but are generally reasonable, and I will consider this when the release is actually ready.

I found your software a few days ago and am currently demoing the product.  The demo will run out of time before your planned release of version 3; so there will be a lag.

I would like to know if purchase of Records For Living is purchased now, will version 3 be a free upgrade?

Also, what is the form of DRM on the software (e.g limited installs, hardware footprint, registration key only)?

Thank you and I look forward to your response.
  •  03-02-2016, 9:42 AM 1750 in reply to 1749

Any purchasers of HeatlhFrame v2 after March 1 2016 will be entitled to a free upgrade to HealthFrame v3. We have not finalized other aspects of upgrade / pricing, but should shortly.

As for DRM, I'm not totally sure I follow your question, but HealthFrame does use 'registration keys' to prove you've purchased the product. With HealthFrame family edition, you are entitled to install it on as many computers you wish, within a single family household (so for example, you, your wife, and your laptop are all fine with a single family edition license).

•  03-02-2016, 11:32 PM 1751 in reply to 1750

Thank you for the information; this is what I needed to find out.

Went ahead and purchased and am looking forward using the product in its current state and for the upcoming new version.

Regarding the DRM. I have purchased software in the past that have had very onerous DRM and have given up on such software. 

Thank you for treating paying customers with respect and not as a potential pirate.  DRM only impacts honest users and not unscrupulous people.

Thanks again and I look forward to finding all the program can do.
View as RSS news feed in XML