Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help

Re: Dates of Tests

•  06-20-2007, 5:57 PM

Re: Dates of Tests

I'm not sure this answer will make sense to you, but here goes. I entered the doctor's visit first. Then I created a test record and found the name of the test in your database. I then filled in Ordered section entering the visit with the doctor. I then looked at the Administered By section and thought 'This test has not been administered yet'. I looked at the options and Self Administered didn't fit . I didn't know what Same as Ordered meant or how it would be used so I selected Specify More Administrative Details. It did have some date fields to specify the future test so I picked it. But, it also asked for During Visit and By info. So I double clicked the Visit field and selected the appropriate visit. The doctor's name came up in the During Visit and the By and date fields were automatically entered and disabled to they could not be changed.

Some elements of my confusion: "Administered' is Past Tense - this was a future test. During Visit and associated fields seemed to be a duplication of the Ordered fields.

I can see the order of entry is important - enter the visit and then the test. I did that.

To me the words used in selection of the 'Details' box are not self evident and the fact that 'none' should be left in the During Visit and By fields is not intuitive. However, everyone is different and has different understanding of how to use what is displayed. I guess I'd like things to be a little more foolproof and then maybe I could understand it.

Thanks,
    Bill
View Complete Thread