Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Question about screen resolution

Last post 11-09-2006, 10:05 PM by Danielle. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-09-2006, 5:02 PM 532

Question about screen resolution

I downloaded the free trial version of your software and like it very much.  The only problem is that my screen resolution is set much lower than what you recommend for optimal viewing of your program.  When I change my screen reso to your recommended settings the print and icons are too small for me.  Is there another solution?  I am still able to use your program with the reso level that I currently have set but it requires a lot of mouse control to get to the right area of the screen that I want to get to.
  •  11-09-2006, 5:27 PM 533 in reply to 532

Re: Question about screen resolution

Dear Danielle,

Thank you for you interest in HealthFrame and for the kind remark about our product.

Would you mind telling us what your screen resolution is set at?  And also your screen size?

This might help us reproduce the user experience you are seeing.

There are a number of options (none of them one that I would necessarily call 'optimum', if you use very low resolution on an average-sized screen):

1. An option to consider, of course, is to use a larger-sized screen (i.e. keep same resolution), if you have access to one.

2. You could hide the Navigation Bar (on the left-hand side of your screen): go to the Options / Show Navigation bar menu item and uncheck it.  The navigation bar will disappear, giving you more left-right screen real estate.  This changes the style of navigation for which HealthFrame was primarily designed to support, so you might find it awkward, but it may be worth experimenting with.  The good news, however, is that I tried this in 800x600 resolution and the only mouse navigation I really needed to do was occasionally up-down (not left-right).

3. You could try and use the 'favorites' feature so that you have quicker access to the features you use more frequently - this at a minimum might reduce the mouse navigation that you do to get to those pages.

One of the problems we have in HealthFrame is simply that we have a lot of information that we would like to present in each page, hence your need to use the mouse to get to some area of the screen...  We appreciate your problem and we welcome suggestions on how we can improve!  Please let us know if you have a suggestion we should consider, so that we can improve our users' experience at lower resolutions.

Thanks again for your question and let us know if we can be of further help.

Support Team
    Records For Living

•  11-09-2006, 10:05 PM 534 in reply to 533

Re: Question about screen resolution

Thank you for your reply and the alternate options that you suggested.  My screen size is 17" and the resolution is set at 600 X 800.
View as RSS news feed in XML