Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Printing detailed report of Journals

Last post 11-02-2009, 11:16 AM by DavidM. 12 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-29-2006, 11:48 AM 445

Printing detailed report of Journals

Just wondering if there is a way to print a report of all my journal listings with the details?
  •  08-29-2006, 10:30 PM 446 in reply to 445

Re: Printing detailed report of Journals

With HealthFrame 2.0.3 (and prior versions), you can print each journal entry individually (with details).  You can also print the journal summary page.  There is no mechanism to print the 'entire' journal (with detailed entries), with a single 'print' command.

With HealthFrame 2.1 (currently at the final stages of beta testing) you will have access to a journal report, which will print journal entries.

Thanks,
    Support Team

•  11-06-2006, 6:33 PM 529 in reply to 446

Attachment: JournalSummary.png

HealthFrame 2.1 has been released and we now have a new report that allows for detailed journal printing - see sample below.

Thanks,
    Support Team

•  04-24-2008, 1:41 PM 1057 in reply to 529

Hi - I am using version 2.1.6 and attempting to print my journal details. All I am able to do is get the summary. Any assistance you might be able to offer? Thanks! Melissa
  •  05-01-2008, 8:37 PM 1064 in reply to 1057

Hi, Melissa.

Welcome to the HealthFrame User Community Forum!

By default, the Journal Summary report does not display the Journal Entry Details.  You will need to use the customization feature to turn on the display of details in the report (please see image below).

In general, if you're curious about customizations, in addition to taking a look at the built-in help, you may want to take a look at some forum threads that exemplify how to use this neat feature.

Thanks for your question!
    Support Team

•  10-15-2008, 2:19 PM 1221 in reply to 1064

I just tried printing out a journal for the first time. I have two activities that I'm trying to print out.

I ran into two problems.

First, the printer printed all the info on one activity on one page and then proceeded to the next page printing only 13 lines of information. This was followed by blank sheets.

The second problem (which I also noticed on one example in this thread) that not all the comment was printed.  This also shows up on my computer in the print preview.

•  10-16-2008, 7:40 PM 1222 in reply to 1221

This is an update and clarification of what I posted before.

With my default printer, an HP Officejet d145, printing journal reports only put a few lines on each page with the header and footer missing.

I tried another printer driver, which I have to use when printing anything from Internet Explorer, is a HP 990C.  This is not my printer but it is a work-around.  When I tried the 990C on the journal reports IT WORKED! It also printed the headers and footers.

It still truncates each entry if it goes over one line and two words. It stops in the middle of a word in fact.

•  10-16-2008, 9:46 PM 1223 in reply to 1222

Hi, Coolswede!

Your earlier post asked about two issues (1) printing problem and (2) only a portion of the comment is printed. 

Let's start with the second issue, since it may be the easier to address.  Have you tried adjusting the customization of the journal report?  Go to the ellipsis (...) and select to display the summary.  Earlier in this thread there is a screen shot of how to do that.  Do you see the information now on your screen?

As for the the printing problem, thank you for updating your report.  It seems the problem may be related to the print driver and not HealthFrame.  To test out this theory, please print to either an XPS or a PDF file and then open the file.  Here are the steps:
    • Please download and install a PDF print driver or XPS (both are free)
    • Once either is installed, print selecting either the PDF or XPS driver
    • Open up the generated file - does the file reproduce the issues you see with your printer?
    Thanks,
    Support Team
  •  10-17-2008, 10:43 PM 1224 in reply to 1223

When I select "Show Journal Entry Details", the preview shows the same info twice.  The part in italics is the complete data, but it shows a truncated summary just above it in align with the date.

Am I entering the data in the wrong place?

•  10-21-2008, 12:48 PM 1226 in reply to 1224

Hi, Coolswede!

The first line duplication is because we don't have 'labels' for journal detail entries...  This was something that was discussed in the forum and we forwarded to our development team for future improvements on the report format and data capture.  Sorry for the inconvenience!

Have you tried the print drivers (PDF and XPS) we suggested for testing the printing issue?  How did you do?

Thanks,
    Support Team
  •  10-21-2008, 8:20 PM 1229 in reply to 1226

As I mentioned in my post on 10-16-2008, I am using a different printer driver, a HP 990C and it prints fine even though my printer is HP Officejet d145.

I didn't try the PDF or XPS drivers since the 990C works.

Thanks for your reply.

•  10-21-2008, 9:10 PM 1230 in reply to 1229

Coolswede,

Thanks for getting back to us.  Please let us know if you run into other issues.

Support Team
  •  11-02-2009, 11:16 AM 1521 in reply to 1064

This one just helped me find the details button. Thanks for the info!!!
View as RSS news feed in XML