Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Medications

Last post 10-02-2014, 2:39 PM by Esther625. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-05-2011, 12:47 PM 1635

Medications

I believe I questioned the Rx Co-Pay question before, but maybe not the others:

1) Under Basic Information on the Expense Detail, is it possible to add "Rx Co-Pay" in the drop-down menu? This would be greatly appreciated for those of us on Medicare to track when we go into the doughnut hole.

2) Under Basic Information on the Expense Detail, is it possible to change the Pay To field to be a drop down box in which we can select the individual or organization provider option? (see #4))?

3) When adding an expense to a visit, the information provided when selecting a pre-existing expense is limited. Is it possible to add to the date and amount, who the amount is paid to in all circumstances? For instance, if the co-pay was to a doctor, the doctor is not identified in the expense list, just the date and amount. Also, if you have gone to the drug store for a prescrliption, only the date, drug store name, and amount is listed. The prescription name is not. This is a problem if there are multiple prescriptions picked up on the same day. (I hope this makes sense).

4) Under Basic Information on the Visit information, is it possible to split the individual and organization selections when you click on the Provider box? Those of us who have multiple conditions, have multiple doctors, and each doctor may have multiple contacts (i.e., nurse, lab technician, billing, etc.,), and which also means there are multiple organizations (at least one per doctor, sometimes more). Having to scroll through multiple individuals just to get to the Name of a Pharmacy is time-consuming and tedious. So being able to select either the organization or individual provider list would be very helpful.

Many thanks for a great product and for your patience with our questions.

Esther
  •  05-01-2012, 8:06 AM 1662 in reply to 1635

Re: Medications

>>1) Under Basic Information on the Expense Detail, is it possible to add "Rx Co-Pay" in the
    >> drop-down menu? This would be greatly appreciated for those of us on Medicare to track
    >>when we go into the doughnut hole.

Can you kindly explain why it would be helpful to have a category for "Rx Co-Pay" in addition to "Co-Pay"? The "Co-Pay" category already exists.
    Perhaps another 'fix' for your underlying problem would be for you to LINK the expense to the medication in question, and then in some report (you must say which one) be able to filter on co-pays AND those related to medications? Maybe?

This is easy to add but would add confusion unless there was a clear motivation, and no other good way to address the issue.

>>>2) Under Basic Information on the Expense Detail, is it possible to change the Pay To field to be a
    >>> drop down box in which we can select the individual or organization provider option? (see #4))?

We already have an open bug report for this (http://bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=476). We've updated our data model to allow this for v3, but we probably will NOT have this in our UI for v3. We hope to include this in v3.1 - but depending on beta feedback, it might be in v3.

>3) When adding an expense to a visit, the information provided when selecting a pre-existing expense is limited.
    >Is it possible to add to the date and amount, who the amount is paid to in all circumstances? For instance, if
    > the co-pay was to a doctor, the doctor is not identified in the expense list, just the date and amount. Also,
    > if you have gone to the drug store for a prescrliption, only the date, drug store name, and amount is listed.
    >The prescription name is not. This is a problem if there are multiple prescriptions picked up on the same day. (I hope this makes sense).

There are 2 ways to add an expense to a visit. You can use the "Co Pay" field, or open releationships, add link and select expense and say "create new". Then the expense with all its details are linked to the visit with all its details. Similarly for medications (except that the medicaitons page doesn't have a "copay" shortcut).

I'm not sure if you are saying HealthFrame doesn't let you record enough information, or if you are complaining about a particular REPORT. If the data is all collected, we can improve the reports to display the information you need.

>>4) Under Basic Information on the Visit information, is it possible to split the individual and organization
    >>selections when you click on the Provider box? Those of us who have multiple conditions, have multiple
    >>? doctors, and each doctor may have multiple contacts (i.e., nurse, lab technician, billing, etc.,), and which
    >>also means there are multiple organizations (at least one per doctor, sometimes more). Having to scroll through
    >> multiple individuals just to get to the Name of a Pharmacy is time-consuming and tedious. So being able to select
    >> either the organization or individual provider list would be very helpful.

First - HealthFrame already tries to shorten the list it shows you to make it easier to pick the entry you want. I gather you are complaining it doesn't do this well enuf.
    At the top of the popup - it only lists ACTIVE providers. In HFv2, you can mark your providers as no longer active by editing a data range (in HF v3 there is a new checkbox for this).

De-activing doctors will make them still available, but not at the top of the popup.

Also - another feature we have planned for a future release of HealthFrame is AutoComplete (http://bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=781). This will allow you to type a few letters of the name and then have a list available of all the matching matching items.

We hope to use this BOTH in the payee section of expenses, for selecting providers, etc. But this is a significant effort, and it is likely to be deferred until after HealthFrame v3 (maybe it will make it into HealthFrame v3.1?). Again, this will depend on user feedback, especially among beta testers.

We've recorded all these comments in our internal bug database, and will get to them all as soon as we can. Thank you so much for your feedback!
  •  07-11-2013, 6:21 PM 1697 in reply to 1662

Can you kindly explain why it would be helpful to have a category for "Rx Co-Pay" in addition to "Co-Pay"? The "Co-Pay" category already exists ----- yes, there is a difference between Co-Pay, as in doctor visit co-pay and a Co-Pay for prescriptions. During the year, I monitor what I have entered into HealthFrame for prescriptions, and what my pharmacy has in their database. Over the last couple of years, because I do manually enter "Rx Co-Pay", I can easily run the Transactions report and print out the report and compare it to what the pharmacies say my prescriptions are and costs. There have been a number of times when the HealthFrame "Rx Co-Pay" report and my pharmacy report did match. . .either because I didn't have the complete information in HealthFrame, or because the pharmacy reports were not correct.  The Rx Co-Pay report also helps in drug manufacturers determine if I am eligible for assistance. End of year reporting for IRS is much easier as well.  My taking the time to differentiate between the two has helped me immensely over the past several years.

What I currently do is create a visit to the pharmacy, and then add links to the medications. In addition, I create an expense for each medication with the amount paid for that particular medication. When I create the expense, this is where I manually enter "Rx Co-Pay".  When I run the report, I am able to get exactly what I need in the reporting, without any question that it is an Rx Co-Pay. Also, this allows me to keep track of the upcoming "donut hole" with Medicare, and when I may be exiting that same doughnut hole.
  •  07-11-2013, 6:38 PM 1698 in reply to 1662

>>4) Under Basic Information on the Visit information, is it possible to split the individual and organization
    >>selections when you click on the Provider box? Those of us who have multiple conditions, have multiple
    >>? doctors, and each doctor may have multiple contacts (i.e., nurse, lab technician, billing, etc.,), and which
    >>also means there are multiple organizations (at least one per doctor, sometimes more). Having to scroll through
    >> multiple individuals just to get to the Name of a Pharmacy is time-consuming and tedious. So being able to select
    >> either the organization or individual provider list would be very helpful.

First - HealthFrame already tries to shorten the list it shows you to make it easier to pick the entry you want. I gather you are complaining it doesn't do this well enuf.
    At the top of the popup - it only lists ACTIVE providers. In HFv2, you can mark your providers as no longer active by editing a data range (in HF v3 there is a new checkbox for this).

De-activing doctors will make them still available, but not at the top of the popup.

The problem is, I do have only the active doctors, facilities selected. Again, it would be nice if you could just separate the organizations from the individual providers in these visits.  People like me have multiple doctors, facilities, hospitals, pharmacies, etc., that we use and are active.  Also, each doctor has a physician assistant that I see instead of the doctor several times a year, and then once or twice a year I see the the doctor. Keeping this in mind, the provider lists is at least duplicated in length. . .and then some doctors have multiple locations, which again doubles the list.  For isnstance

Dr. A has office in City1
    Dr. A has office in City2
    Dr. A office in City 1 has PA1
    Dr. A office in City 2 has PA2

So for one doctor, there might be 4-6 entries in the provider list. . .all of which are active. Separating Individuals from Organizations would cut that in half.
  •  09-10-2013, 2:56 PM 1704 in reply to 1698

Perhaps now I have a guess as to the problem. You should have only one contact for a given doctor - even if he has multiple offices.

The visit page does NOT (currently) capture what office (where) you had your visit - just who you visited.

In your contacts section - for a given contact - you can list multiple locations (offices). But when you link a visit to a provider - just link the provider - not a composite entity of provider and office.

I hope this makes sense...
    Records For Living Support Team.
  •  10-02-2014, 2:32 PM 1721 in reply to 1704

Sorry it has been so long since I have been out here to the community. First let me address the Rx Co-Pay request. Again, the reason I need to have this in the drop-down box is because I am on Medicare and for prescriptions, after a certain amount, I go into what is known as a doughnut-hole, at which time I have to pay 100% of my meds. After another limit, my co-pay changes again to 5%. Having the Rx-Copay selection would allow me to monitor when I am approaching the limits (which change each year). Right now I have to type in Rx-Copay every time I have a prescription expense. This is very time consuming and cumbersome. I have multiple conditions requiring multiple prescriptions from multiple pharmacies.  Hope this helps to clarify my issue. I did not think adding one selection to an already existing drop down selection box would be that big of an issue.
    Esther
  •  10-02-2014, 2:37 PM 1722 in reply to 1704

I understand what you are saying however, this does not help for a couple of reasons.

First of all, in my communications, I like to select the contact, be it the person in charge of records, finance and billing, doctor, or nurse.

Secondly, I like to note who I see for the office visit. . .i.e, the doctor, PA, nurse, etc.

Thirdly, as for multiple offices, this is important because the mileage that I report to IRS depends on which office I am seen in.

Hope this makes sense to you.
  •  10-02-2014, 2:39 PM 1723 in reply to 1704

Each office has a different nurse, PA.
View as RSS news feed in XML