Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Mileage calculation

Last post 09-29-2009, 8:14 PM by Records For Living Support. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-26-2009, 4:30 PM 1445

Mileage calculation

I have installed the 2008 mileage plugin. I have created a test expense as Mileage and linked it to it's coresponding medication (first) and visit (second - I was not sure which way to go with this) entries. The mileage shows up in the Expense Register and Expense Transaction Report. It does not, however, show up in the Mileage Report at all. What am I doing wrong? Is it too late to use the 2008 Mileage plugin? Will I have to wait for a 2009 update? If so, can I go ahead and put in all my mileage entries to date, and then run the 2009 update and it will pick them all up and make the proper calculations? Do I have to create a link for every Mileage entry to visit AND whatever type of event it is (med, test, etc.)?
  •  08-25-2009, 7:23 AM 1457 in reply to 1445

Re: Mileage calculation

Hi, Ricknav.

When you created the test expense, did you assign a date that was after 01/01/2008 and before 12/31/2008?  That is a common issue when using these types of reports (i.e. the expenses are 'filtered').

By the way, how you choose to link the information (to medications, visits, etc) is up to you.  It is a mechanism that helps you organize information that you think is 'related'.  It then makes it easier to navigate to related records, by clicking on the links.

The 2009 update should be posted in the next few weeks and that might help you with your current year mileage expenses.  You should be able to enter your 2009 expenses and the plug-in should be able to 'pick them up', but let's first make sure that your 2008 test works... 

You don't have to create a link to the type of event it is, but it is sometimes helpful when you want to see a complete record.

Thanks,
    Support Team
  •  08-25-2009, 11:19 PM 1468 in reply to 1457

The dates I used were for 5/29 & 6/1 of 2009. I took an existing visit and added the Milage expense to it. I also added it to the cooresponding Medication. I took some lovely screenshots to send you but I don't see where attachments are possible, although I now I saw where others had provided them. If it is possible, please enlighten me as to how and I will forward them on.
  •  09-08-2009, 3:23 PM 1474 in reply to 1457

Second attemp - The dates I used were for 5/29 & 6/1 of 2009. I took an existing visit and added the Milage expense to it. I also added it to the cooresponding Medication. I took some lovely screenshots to send you but I don't see where attachments are possible, although I now I saw where others had provided them. If it is possible, please enlighten me as to how and I will forward them on.
  •  09-08-2009, 9:14 PM 1475 in reply to 1474

Hi, RickNav!

We're sorry that we missed seeing your 'lovely' screenshots!  Unfortunately, the forum software we use does not make it particularly easy to add images to a post...  Sorry about that!  Please remember that you can always email the images to us at support@RecordsForLiving.com.  You can then indicate whether you'd like for us to add them to a particular post and we will be glad to do that for you!

As for the mileage issue...  The problem seems to be that you are entering dates for 2009 but the 2008 mileage OpenHealth Service Plug-in only pays attention to mileage data entered in 2008.  Unfortunately, we haven't posted the 2009 plug-in yet.  We'll see whether we can post it before the end of the month.

Thanks for your feedback!
    Support Team
  •  09-09-2009, 3:20 PM 1477 in reply to 1475

Again, thanks for your response. I guessed as much on this problem which is why I ran a trial run. So, I'll be waiting for the new release. Also, thanks for the hint on emailing you my screen shots. One more thing, how come whenever I log in to the forum site and check the "remember me" box, it never does?

R.
  •  09-29-2009, 8:14 PM 1488 in reply to 1477

Hi, RickNav.

Sorry about the forum software... :-(  Unfortunately, we didn't write the code for the forum so we can't fix it...  Maybe a future upgrade to the software...

Thanks!
    Support Team
View as RSS news feed in XML