Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Tried the Demo

Last post 04-22-2008, 10:22 AM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-16-2008, 4:44 PM 1051

Tried the Demo

Dear sir or madame,

It would be nice to have more information about your company, like where
    "home" is for instsance would be great!

Is this program truly running on my PC and not storing data on the Web
    somewhere?  How do I know for sure?

In some of the "glossies" (online) I saw mention of tracking diet
    information. I see nothing specific in the demo. No templates? Have to
    enter diet information in as a journal?

I'm looking to include specific dietary information in a program such as
    yours.  Things such as what I had to eat during a period of time (say by day
    or further broken down by meal or snack), along with the nutritional
    information (calories, carbohydrates, sugars, fats (amount and type) and so
    on.

Also interested in keeping sleep journal following an example provided by Dr.
    William Dement, Stanford University in his book <The Promise of Sleep>.  I
    guess I do a form in MS Word and attach it?

Oximetry reports, I guess would have to be scanned.  The software I have for
    the oximeter does not seem to have the capability to format their reports in
    *.pdf format, just on screen and to a printer.  Company is Nonin Medical;
    software is nVision.

I guess similar things like with my glucose meter.  If it can export data,
    then I can attach the *.cvs or *.xls spreadsheet, but no way to import the
    data directly either from the scanner or their database (MS Access I believe).

Anyway, very nice looking software. 

Am going to purchase it now.
  •  04-22-2008, 10:22 AM 1055 in reply to 1051

Re: Tried the Demo

Hi, Sportz_Nut!

Thank you for using HealthFrame and for sending us your questions - please see our answers below:
    It would be nice to have more information about your company, like where "home" is for instsance would be great!

Our corporate office is located in Sudbury, Massachusetts, roughly 20 miles due east of Boston.  What other information would you like about Records For Living?  Our website contains an "About Us" section, which includes among other things, information about our management team.

Is this program truly running on my PC and not storing data on the Web somewhere?  How do I know for sure?

We have some information on this topic in our forum as well as our privacy policy.  The key thing to understand, is that what HealthFrame does with your medical record information is entirely in your control.  Your records can be exported to external repositories (e.g. web-accessible databases), but only if you configure HealthFrame to do so. 

HealthFrame runs on your computer and your medical records are stored in a local database.

One way you can test, is if you have a personal firewall/virus detection software installed in your computer, you can see how many times it 'warns you' that HealthFrame is contacting the internet.  To be clear, there are a few times when it might:

• HealthFrame will periodically check for software updates, in which case your installed version information is sent to our automated version tracking system.  You can disable this feature by going to the Options / More Options... menu and then selecting the Alerts tab and de-selecting the "Automatically check for new HealthFrame releases".
    • Some OpenHealth Service (OHS) Plug-ins may exchange information with an external web site.  For instance:
      • The "Driving Directions to Providers" OHS Plug-in will upload to Google (TM) maps information about your source and destination addresses to the google web site - as if you had typed that information yourself.
      • The "Find Clinical Trials" OHS Plug-in will upload to ClinicalTrials.gov the conditions you select and location information - again, as if you had typed that information on the government's web site.
      • The "HHS - My Family Health Portrait" uploads to the U.S. Surgeon General's My Family Health Portrait tool.
    In all cases, you will find that the OHS Plug-ins document connections to external web sites, and as always, you do not have to install or use them, if you have privacy concerns.

In some of the "glossies" (online) I saw mention of tracking diet
    information. I see nothing specific in the demo. No templates? Have to enter diet information in as a journal?

I'm looking to include specific dietary information in a program such as yours.  Things such as what I had to eat during a period of time (say by day or further broken down by meal or snack), along with the nutritional information (calories, carbohydrates, sugars, fats (amount and type) and so on.

A powerful feature of HealhFrame is its ability to create links between related information.  Note that a "Journal Entry" is something you can link to.  You can create a journal where you can enter the nutritional information for each of your frequent foods - one per entry.  In these entries you can link (URLs) to web pages, or add attachments or keep track of your own data. 

Then, as you track what you eat during the day (a separate journal), you can simply add related information links to the 'reference' journal entries.

Also interested in keeping sleep journal following an example provided by Dr. William Dement, Stanford University in his book <The Promise of Sleep>.  I guess I do a form in MS Word and attach it?

You can use a journal to track the data - in that case you will be able to print detailed journal reports for multiple nights of sleep.

Oximetry reports, I guess would have to be scanned.  The software I have for the oximeter does not seem to have the capability to format their reports in *.pdf format, just on screen and to a printer.  Company is Nonin Medical; software is nVision.

Documentation can be scanned and attached as part of related information links.

I guess similar things like with my glucose meter.  If it can export data, then I can attach the *.cvs or *.xls spreadsheet, but no way to import the data directly either from the scanner or their database (MS Access I believe).

Actually, with data that can be exported to a *.csv file you can actually import it into HealthFrame.  Please look at this post by Loran on importing BP records into HealthFrame.  Our development and support staff can create OHS Plug-ins that allow our users to import self-monitoring data such as data from glucometers, scales and blood pressure home devices into their personal health records (PHR).  All we need from you is a sample two or three lines (from the top of the file) from a .csv file - we can then develop a solution and we will post to the forum.

Thank you for using HealthFrame and please let us know if you have additional questions or suggestions!

Support Team
View as RSS news feed in XML