Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Relationships broken during export/import in Healthframe format

Last post 08-07-2018, 12:55 AM by dealio. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-09-2018, 1:17 PM 1954

Relationships broken during export/import in Healthframe format

Beyond the relationship between contacts and contact types being broken during migration from one machine to another, I've just discovered that all Relationships were wiped, too. The data is still there - Tests, Concerns, Treatments, etc.- but the relationships linking the data are gone, except for Vital Statistics on the Visit records, themselves. Grateful the data wasn't lost, but a tremendous amount of work to re-create the relationships.

Since Novemeber 2017, I've dealt with multiple hospitalizations, over 120 outpatient visits to multiple organizations and over 15 doctors. Healthframe has been invaluable in pulling that information together. While I do not regret purchasing the product, given Records For Living's aspirations for the product, the lack of response on the support forum to reported issues and suggestions for enhancements, and the problems that have emerged, are discouraging.

Healthframe has a lot of potential and fills a much-needed gap in PHR products. It is among the only PHR products that doesn't rely on Internet-based storage while offering the option. That said, the product needs a development team actively interested in the product and engaged with its users. There are many excellent features in this product, and response to the one email I sent to support was immediate, however the unexplained delay in release of an announced interim release (v3.0.2) with another theoretically already in the works (v3.0.3), and the complete lack of engagement in the support forum and the Facebook account, suggest to potential customers, existing customers, and the public, that the product is moribund.

- Tom
    Idea <i>You have the power to give life.
  •  08-07-2018, 12:55 AM 1959 in reply to 1954

Re: Relationships broken during export/import in Healthframe format

Thanks for the warning about relationships being lost. I've not run into that yet, but now I know to be wary of it.

To your additional point about the apparent profound lack of support and the software's abysmal update curve, (despite positive reaction to suggested enhancements and additional features) I am disheartened as well. In a market where we have to be our own health advocate, this software and what it could become is an indispensable aid. Because support for it is all but non-existent (it's been 2 years since version 3 came out), I'm forced to consider other options for my health records -- perhaps building my own solution in Microsoft Access until another company sees the potential that this kind of software has and creates something similar but with a modern interface, the option not to store information in the cloud, adequate support and a reasonable update (bug fixes, minor changes) and upgrade (new features) schedule.

Good luck to you.

- TIA for your help!
    David
View as RSS news feed in XML