Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Medical History Summary - Pick a sort!

Last post 04-18-2018, 2:31 PM by dealio. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-26-2018, 10:27 PM 1941

Medical History Summary - Pick a sort!

Concerns
    - Active: leads with date, sorted ascending alphabetically
    - Past: leads with date, sorted descending by date
    Medications
    - Past: leads with date, sorted ascending alphabetically
    Devices
    Emergency Contacts - specified list order
    Healthcare Providers - Leads with text, sorted ascending alphabetically
    Immunizations -leads with date, dates sorted ascending by date within vaccine, list unsorted by neither text nor date
    Treatments
    - Active - leads with date, sorted ascending alphabetically
    - Past - leads with date, sorted ascending alphabetically

I don't care how you sort it, but be consistent. Many of these entries lead with a date, but are not sorted by date. I suggest that a medical history summary is like a medical resumé and that items listed by date should be sorted by date, newest to oldest. Beyond consistency, this has the added benefit of showing the progression of the patient's health and care. Sorting text items, like Contacts, alphabetically, makes sense. If sorting everything alphabetically, then lead with the text and put the dates after the text. A list presented date first, but sorted by text, at first appears unordered, then the sort becomes apparent and the reader has to backtrack to the dates after figuring out the order. People will figure it out , but you will make it a lot easier by being consistent, however you choose to do it.

- Tom
    Idea <i>You have the power to give life.
  •  04-02-2018, 2:22 AM 1944 in reply to 1941

Re: Medical History Summary - Pick a sort!

I try to search on subjects before posting, but somehow missed that there are planned changes to sorting slated for the v3.0.2 incremental release. Looking forward to that.

Used the Medical History Summary for my "new patient" visit to my new PCP. They were thrilled to have the report, less thrilled with the way it was sorted, but still, over all, very pleased. We did have to correct a few misperceptions due to the date/alphabetical sort arrangement during the course of the interview.

All in all, glad I bought Healthframe and look forward to its improvements.

- Tom
    Idea <i>You have the power to give life.
  •  04-18-2018, 2:31 PM 1945 in reply to 1944

Re: Medical History Summary - Pick a sort!

I agree with your comments about sorting. Being consistent would make the application MUCH easier to use and quicker as well. And "Records for Living" contact agreed and said that changes were coming in 3.02 in a few months. That has been many many months (a year?) ago.

So I don't know when to expect these changes. There are several other areas of the application that need a little polish or a few changes/additions just to move it from a very useful app to a vital app in tracking my health information. I've made those suggestions and also pointed out bugs on this board and gained agreement on them, but I have not heard nor read any more about them nor seen any progress on them :(. I think the development team must really be small, perhaps even just 1 person. Still, a year is a long time to wait for a minor update that will make significant positive impact on the user experience.

But I'm still hoping.
    David

- TIA for your help!
    David
View as RSS news feed in XML