Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help

Re: Question About Prescriptions

•  02-06-2008, 11:19 AM

Re: Question About Prescriptions

Correct. As an example, I'm currently take a drug. I almost never take drugs (even aspirin), so when I do need to take something prescribed by my doctor, I often forget because it's not something I usually need to remember. So on my PDA phone, I finally just set an alert that goes off one a day at a certain time that says "Time to take 'x.'" So, I think I'd like to keep a record of my drugs, and I'd like a "pill alert." I know that some people have to take a huge number of pills daily, some with or without food, or avoiding dairy for an hour on either side. A reminder, "No dairy for the next hour" followed by "It's time to take 'x' drug. Remember: no dairy for another hour" would be a very useful feature, and probably fairly easy to program, or perhaps tie in to Outlook or other scheduling software?

As I've progressed in my reseasrch, it seems I like A and C features from one app, B, D, and E from another, and F from a third. :-)

Again, good luck to you and your company for creating such an important product. We need to be more proactive in our own health care, but we need great tools to help us.

Regards,

Keith

View Complete Thread