Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Information

Last post 09-28-2007, 8:49 AM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-28-2007, 8:34 AM 866

Information

I purchased your Health Frame Family Edition in June--due to illness I have never completed putting my information in--I now have a different computer--I tried to transfer this program to another computer & was unable to.  I even bought an I-Pod to use it on--I have an adult semi-disabled son who I wanted to use the program for--can you be of any assistance to me.  Thank you, Marie
  •  09-28-2007, 8:49 AM 868 in reply to 866

Re: Information

Marie,

Welcome to the HealthFrame Community Forum!

Please take the following steps to transfer HealthFrame and your personal health records (PHRs) to your new computer:

1. If you purchased a CD, simply insert your CD into the new computer and follow the installation instructions.  If you originally downloaded an electronic copy and you no longer have access to the installation program, please download the demonstration version from our website: http://www.recordsforliving.com/HealthFrame/Demo/Request.aspx.  Once you have downloaded the program, please start the installation.

2. Once the new computer has an installed version of HealthFrame, please enter your license key code.

3. In your original computer, start HealthFrame and create backups for the PHRs you have created.  Please go to the File menu and select the "Save PHR Backup..." menu item.  Please remember the location of the backup file you created, you will need to copy that file in the next step.  Please note that we recommend that you password protect your PHRs prior to creating the backup files - this way, your backup files will be additionally protected.

4. Transfer that file to a storage medium such as a USB key or CD or floppy drive - you could even email the file to yourself - remember the file is encrypted and if you created a password, password-protected.  In the new computer copy that file over.

5. Start HealthFrame in your new computer and when HealthFrame starts, click on the Load Backup... button that comes up.  Alternatively, you can create a PHR and then "Restore PHR Backup...".

This should take care of installing HealthFrame and transferring your data to your new computer.

If you would like for your son to carry his PHR information with him on his iPod - please check the detailed instructions that are built-into HealthFrame.  In summary, you will need to:

1. Enable his iPod for hard-disk use (that's a setting that can be configured in iTunes)
    2. Attach his iPod to your computer
    3. Start HealthFrame and use the File / Sync with Mobile Device... menu item.   Click on the auto find button - HealthFrame should 'find' the connected iPod.
    4. Select your transfer options and start the upload.

If you have ANY questions with these instructions, please contact us via the forum or via support email: support@recordsforliving.com.  We can also schedule a web conference meeting if that helps explain the steps further.

Thank you for using HealthFrame,
    Support Team
View as RSS news feed in XML