Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Saving custom tests and units

Last post 06-14-2007, 8:29 AM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-08-2007, 11:43 PM 728

Saving custom tests and units

Hello!

I have been creating custom "tests" and a "unit" for them...e.g. I have a General Feel Index test and the unit is GFIndex. However, I have to type that test every time. It would be great if you could put in the functionality to save a user's custom tests and the units they define for that test (I realize you don't really need to specify the unit to make the test graphable...simply entering a numeric value seems to suffice).

Thanks!

•  06-14-2007, 8:29 AM 735 in reply to 728

Re: Saving custom tests and units

You are absolutely right that it is a desireable feature to allow a user to define and save custom tests and units, for information that is frequently entered.  In fact, I would direct you to an earlier thread where a different community user had a similar request: http://community.recordsforliving.com/forums/thread/403.aspx

This is a feature that is currently under design consideration.  Do you have any suggestions that would make that user interaction easier?  Should user-defined panels show up in a separate list or be 'marked' differently?  Would you want to leverage existing measurement definitions, if possible?  Should HealthFrame support modifications to existing panels?

One aspect of HealthFrame that users may not be aware of, with regards to measurements and value units, is that HealthFrame is actually aware of the meaning of units and if you capture your data using the English System, but then need to report using the Metric System or vice-versa, HealthFrame does the conversion automatically.  A simple example is tracking weight: if you enter your weight in Kilos and Pounds, HealthFrame converts the weight to Pounds in the weight graph.  This may be useful knowledge to have when considering whether you should reuse measurement definitions, for instance.  (Just a little tid bit as to the actual complexity of supporting user-defined panels...)

Thanks!
    Support Team
View as RSS news feed in XML