Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Auto sign in feature

Last post 06-16-2007, 9:08 PM by Records For Living Support. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-31-2007, 1:40 PM 722

Auto sign in feature

When I go to the sign in webpage my sign in information is not there and neither the "Sign in name" box nor "Password" box will drop down to show the text that was entered before……….even though the "Next time automatically sign me in" box is checked. Please advise what to do to make the auto sign in work.

robert
  •  06-12-2007, 8:50 PM 729 in reply to 722

Re: Auto sign in feature

Robert,

I have checked that this is indeed a reported problem with the software we use for the community forum. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much we can do with this current version of the product.

One thing I did try, is to use different browsers. It worked with Firefox and IE 7, but not with Safari. What browswer are you using?

Thanks,
    Support Team
  •  06-16-2007, 12:08 AM 748 in reply to 729

Strange, I'm using IE v7.0.5730.11. MS implies that when browsing issues do not work with IE 7 that it's someone elses problem to resolve, not theirs. LOL
    robert
  •  06-16-2007, 9:08 PM 751 in reply to 748

LOL...  It's hard to tell in this case, since it works in Firefox but not Safari...

I tried an IE6 installation and so long as I did not click on the 'Sign out' link, I was able to 'auto sign in'.  In other words, I started IE 6, navigated to the user community forum and logged in.  Then I closed the browser window (without signing out).  I restarted IE6 and navigated back to the user community forum.  This time I was already signed in.  Note that I didn't wait long to do this - I'm not sure if the community forum software has a session time out...

There is a difference in behavior from Firefox and IE6 in the following regard.  With Firefox, if I sign out, the next time I come to the community forum it remembers my user id and password.  With IE6 it does not remember either - regardless of "cookie" settings...

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the 'mystery' around the community forum software...
    Support Team
View as RSS news feed in XML