Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Current Data Location

Last post 03-26-2007, 10:02 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-25-2007, 2:06 PM 638

Current Data Location

In your HELP file, you describe that the DATA is kept in a "hidden" file.  Unfortinantly, this files does not seem to be in the DOCUMENTS section so it is not routinly backed up easily.  I would suggest that you move where the dat is stored to the same area as the BACKUPS.  (I do understand that you have a "backup" feature and it stores this information in the DOCUMENTS folder)

DA

•  03-26-2007, 10:02 PM 639 in reply to 638

Re: Current Data Location

Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider it.

But - please understand - that the HealthFrame Repository is a database - which can be shared among many users. The 'My Documents' folder is really a link to a per-user folder on your computer. If we stored data in 'My Documents' - then if two users (e.g. you and your wife) logged into your computer with differnt accounts, PHRs accessible to one would not be accessible to the other.

I realize this might sometimes be a desirable separation, but more often, it would not.

I'm not sure what system you use for backups, but the place HealthFrame stores its repository data is a standard place on the PC to store application data, and I would think most automated backup systems would know about it and back it up too.

Still - we are considering major changes to how we manage our repository of PHR data for our next major HealthFrame release, and ease and reliability of backups is a major design consideration in our work.

Thanks again for your feedback, and feel free to elaborate on your concerns, or bring up other issues you think will help make HealthFrame a better product.

Thanks,
                    Support Team.

View as RSS news feed in XML