Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Moving HealthFrame to a Vista Computer

Last post 02-26-2007, 6:45 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-26-2007, 6:38 PM 627

Moving HealthFrame to a Vista Computer

Hello,

Last year I purchased Health Frame Explorer from you. This week I moved to a new computer running Microsoft Vista.

1) Although I thought I had transferred the working version, I find that what I installed was the fifteen day trial version. I don't have the license key anymore. Can you send me the license key again please?

2) The personal data records I had created in Health Frame Explore did not transfer. I may still have these on my old computer, but I don't see them in the records for living folder. Where should I look for them?

thanks for your help,  Michael
  •  02-26-2007, 6:45 PM 628 in reply to 627

Re: Moving HealthFrame to a Vista Computer

Dear Michael,

1) HealthFrame installations by default installs itself in the 15-day evaluation mode.  After you install HealthFrame, you need to enter your license code.  (We have emailed your license code in a separate email to you)

2) There are a number of ways you can transfer your personal health record (PHR) data files.  Probably the easiest (and safest) is to transfer your encrypted, password-protected backup files.

a) If you haven't already, password-protect your HealthFrame file: Options / Edit Password...

b) Use the File / Save PHR Backup... menu item.  By default, the backup file is created in "My Documents/HealthFrame Backups/<Your Name Goes Here>.  Backup files by default are named using a combination of your name and the time and date of the back up.  The extension is .HFBK.

c) You can now either copy those files to a USB drive, or other removable hard disk and/or email it to yourself. 

d) Copy the backup file to your new computer, start HealthFrame and when it starts, click on the "Load Backup..." button.  It will by default start looking in the My Documents/HealthFrame Backups directory.

Please let us know if we can be of further help.

Thanks,
    Support Team

View as RSS news feed in XML