Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

How do I use Healthframe on a network

Last post 03-30-2008, 12:08 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-28-2008, 2:55 PM 1027

How do I use Healthframe on a network

Hi

I just purchased this yesterday and i have a home workgroup set up with a server and several client stations . My question is how do i connect to a single data base using the application installed on several computers..

i want to be able to have one data base(stored on my server) that is updated when ever the other clients are used . Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance

•  03-30-2008, 12:08 PM 1030 in reply to 1027

Re: How do I use Healthframe on a network

Donald,

Welcome to the HealthFrame User Community!

With HealthFrame v. 2.1.6, the location of the personal health records database is fixed and in a Windows folder that is accessible to all users on the same computer.  This design is compatible with the configuration most commonly used by HealthFrame users (a single family computer that is shared by all members of the family).  Household access to computers is changing, however, and we recognize that many of our users are now installing HealthFrame on their family desktop, but also on personal desktops and laptops.  We are improving HealthFrame's ability to hook up in a configurable way to more sophisticated configurations such as your home computer network.

In the meantime, however, you can still centralize access to your family's personal health records (PHRs), by using a file-based access (instead of the default database).  Simply use the backup and restore feature (as you would file save / open) and you can use network folders to store your PHRs.  This usage is not as convenient as the default database configuration, but it allows all household members to access the most recent PHR data.

Thank you for using HealthFrame and let us know if you have any additional questions/suggestions.

Support Team
View as RSS news feed in XML