Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Provider access to standards-based electronic record

Last post 06-14-2007, 10:52 PM by Records For Living Support. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-14-2007, 10:52 PM 743

Provider access to standards-based electronic record

In thread Ted asks

6)       Do the IT standards make it possible to provide an electronic file to a provider, who can then read it or store it for their later use?

a.       If so, how much control do I have over how much data is included in that file that I provide to them?  e.g. Can I provide them parts of a particular diary or one diary and not another?  (..I understand that I may well have misunderstood the product description, that gave me the idea that I could keep more than one health diary simultaneously)
    6) IT standards enable the type of interoperability you're talking about, where providers can read and store records from patients.  You should realize, however, that most doctors in America today do NOT use electronic health record (EHR) systems.  Even those who do utilize EHRs may not have built-in workflows that support the exchange of clinical information with patients.  The federal government (AHIC) has been leading efforts in the area of consumer empowerment and a number of use case scenarios are being created.  The use of standards such as the CCR are a foundational basis to be able to support those interactions.

a. HealthFrame provides you with complete control over the amount of information you make available to anyone including your providers.

It sounds as though you may have one slight misunderstanding about what you call a 'health diary'.  HealthFrame allows you to maintain multiple PHRs (personal health records).  By design, each PHR is meant to track an individual's health.  For instance, you could use one installation of HealthFrame to track a PHR for yourself, another for a spouse and a number of other PHRs for any children.

HealthFrame also supports the concept of a journal.  A journal is a portion of a PHR that is dedicated to tracking any series of activities of events that are relevant to your health.  A common example of a journal is a migraine journal where you may track dates/times of migraine episodes as well as information about relevant information such as mood, activities, food intake, etc.

Finally, you do not have to manually keep multiple PHRs for yourself in order to be able to filter out certain types of information when you exchange information with providers.  HealthFrame supports a powerful filtering and customization mechanism.  In a nutshell, you can create one customization, from which you omit any number of private information items.  You can have multiple customizations and you can pick the one you wish to use when generating an export and/or printable report.  This is a power ful feature that allows you to simplify your data entry and management, without sacrificing the control you have over dissemination of your personal health record information.

Thanks,
    Support Team
View as RSS news feed in XML