Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help

Re: How do I change the default location for files and backups

•  02-07-2008, 1:42 AM

Re: How do I change the default location for files and backups

The way my system is setup is I have a:

Desktop with Windows XP, Health Frame Installed, and a external 140GB USB Hard Drive that I use as a Central Storage.

Laptop with Windows Vista, Health Frame Installed

So with all my other programs like Outlook for example its installed on the laptop but I tell it to look for the usb hard drive on the desktop for the outlook mail .pst folder under the settings tab.

So what I believe I'm seeing right now if I do any work on the desktop pc instead of just closing Health Frame I have to save a backup of the file and every time I do that i have to change the location for the backup because the software won't handle it.  Once that is done then I can go to my laptop pc and open the program but before I start using it i have to tell it to load or import the backed up copy that i placed on my storage drive.  Which it seems like there should be an option to let you specify a default location of where the backup files go instead of selecting it every time.  The other thing is that direct access to the database should also be able to be set as to where the user wants to save it since the example that you gave me doesn't exist under vista there is no default user that i can find.

How long do modifications take to be implemented or where can we see what new modifications are being thought about to be added.

Thanks for your help and replying quickly

Jeff

View Complete Thread